Woo Hoo I've survived to ebay selling 25!!

25 years ago today I started selling here!

Given I've been selling for 46 years now, one must remember that ebay is simply a "branch" of the stamp "empire" but it is a significant one at that for me.

As with everything here and everywhere else for that matter for the last 25 (46) years, one must continue to evolve with the times to continue to survive!

I supposed 50 is possible given I'm still a "pup" stamp seller wise, to some at least, but time will tell!

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Congrats on the Milestone!  Only a measely 5 years for me lol but I have been a collector for 20years. 

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

A toast to you, @ricarmic!

IMG_4856.png

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

have been collecting/buying/selling for over 60 years but just a mere 22+years selling here on eBay...

no longer collecting, no longer buying...just selling and donating while I still maintain a presence here on earth...

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

Congrats and best wishes for many more years of participation in your passion!

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Congrats on the big 2-5 @ricarmic . The first 25 are the hardest. After that, it's all gravy!!! Just think when ya find your niche!!! 😄

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Congrats you old "Tweezer"!

Wow! 25 years here.  That's pushing the envelope...

OK smarty stamps, a test, what is worth more in this photo, the stamps or their tobacco can?

I'm thinkin" the can...

Way to go Ricarmic!

ITDSCN4770b.JPG

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@intimewithmusic HAH! Neither!

The most valuable thing in the picture is the "Dennison Hinges", there's a long story why but if they're not stuck together, a full pack of original Dennison (not the modern imitation "Dennisen" style) is easily retailable for $25 $C, so it is worth whatever portion is still inside.....

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Congrats to you for surviving this delightful platform.  I can't believe it but I'm at 22 years 🙄

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Ha ha . Youre probably right my friend. When i was eight ( 1963) I mailed in the coupons in the back of Superman and Spiderman comics hence the stamps. There's a Woodwards price tag on the Dennison hinges. I remember my parents taking me to Vancouver from Nelson where we lived. Thats when I bought the hinges. I havent dumped out the stamps since. As a seller of historic memorabilia with children I wish I could help them see value in our collectibles. At times I wonder if they would be better saved in an underground cave rather than sold on eBay.. I mean our collectibles, not the children... no... wait.. ya I meant the  stamps . lol.. Very cool, Ricarmic, I appreciate what you do. Thanks.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Congrats on the 25 years. I'm also just over 22 years here. I remember buying used stamps packs back in the late 1960s or early 70s, looks like exactly the same mix. Lots of Spanish 'big head guy' and small Japanese animals.

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Congrats! Explains why you are always such a wealth of knowledge!

Me, I've been here exactly half of your time, a mere 12 1/2 years. Seems like 25 sometimes though!

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Congrats! I am close to 25, too. I got something like this from Ebay a few ears ago. 

Image2.jpg

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

I'm sure you remember Richard Lamb of London ,who once told DH that he did as much business after he retired at 90 as he did ten years earlier, mostly from estate appraisals and referrals.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

The packet of hinges.

I'm serious.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply

I made my first sale on here in 2001 so not far behind ya...

But, I do remember these days in the Wild, Wild, West of online sales, mailing cash, Money orders, not even PayPal back then, and the FB minefield, lol.

Congratulations you survived!

I wonder how many of us there are on here in the 2 decades-plus category?

The Boycotts that went nowhere, Postal Strikes...

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

@intimewithmusic HAH! Neither!

The most valuable thing in the picture is the "Dennison Hinges", there's a long story why but if they're not stuck together, a full pack of original Dennison (not the modern imitation "Dennisen" style) is easily retailable for $25 $C, so it is worth whatever portion is still inside.....

@reallynicestamps 

@ricarmic 

@intimewithmusic 

What about the value of either of these 2 items? Hmmm? The mounts are product of Liechenstein.  A bunch in assorted sized. The original price on the hinges was .57 Woolco. Ahhhh, the things we "inherit" due to our ummm years on eBay!!! 🤔

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1711127297868.png

Anyone miss the days of eBay when this paid off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FItdgMQCYVI

-Lotz

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

Congrats! I am close to 25, too. I got something like this from Ebay a few ears ago. 

Image2.jpg

@38e_avenue 

Is it still possible to even qualify as a "Power Seller"? Didn't that poof shortly after your 19 year award?

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Collectors still use the Showgard mounts and they are commonly available.

Not sure about photo corners.  They are used for postcard and cover exhibits, but usually the clear ones .

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

HA ha. It's nearly full too.. Who Knew? A lot of the stamps were cut from postcards that would have value. If only I had the other 95 % of them ;>}

Message 20 of 44
latest reply