Worried my buyer will not return item

ca-ey24
Community Member
So. It was my first time selling on Ebay and I made a rookie mistake, I accidentally posted my item as an open box instead of used because that's what ebay defaulted on it for my product. The seller has asked for a return which I accepted and on the same day paid for a shipping label for them to send off. I've recieved no tracking updates and it's been over 5 days. I'm starting to worry I'm never going to see this item again.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Worried my buyer will not return item

Don't worry, you did everything right on your end. You provided the label so the buyer has the option to return for a refund or not send it back and you will keep the money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Don't worry, you did everything right on your end. You provided the label so the buyer has the option to return for a refund or not send it back and you will keep the money.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You just sent them the label, not refund them their purchase/shipping costs already, did you ?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yeah I sent them the label, the shipping is paid for by me, and I havent given them a refund yet.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If they don't return it then it's a WIN for you, you get to keep the money and they get to keep the item.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If they do not use the label, eventually it will age out and you will be refunded.

If they do not return the item, you are not required to refund them.

If they use their own label to return the item, you will be refunded for the unused label you sent and are not required to pay for their own label.

Nerve-wracking as it may be, I would not advise communicating further. The buyer may have decided the used item is a good deal at a good price and won't bother to take the Dispute any further.

If he uses the label, you will be able to track it with the number.  You did record the number, right?

You're doing fine.

Shipping is the hardest part of mail order and online is just mail order is a clever plastic costume.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply