Wrong address

My husband just mailed a package to France for me, now I get a message from the buyer to say that the address is wrong. It was mailed with small package rate.

He is on his way back, hopefully it hasn't gone out yet, but how do I change the address on a Paypal shipping label?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Wrong address

If you can trust Canada Post to refund the cost of the shipping label, (usually takes about 3 weeks for a refund to show up), you can void the label and do a new one with correct address.

I have found there are no guarantees for Canada Post refunds...

I have voided labels and successfully been refunded by Canada Post and then there are the times I have voided labels and never gotten the refund.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

Thanks, I agree, I have lost several amount from CP after many phone calls, I hate to void labels with them, I am going to phone Paypal for suggestions.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

You would have to void the first label, I think that it takes at least a couple of weeks to be refunded.  Voiding the label may allow you to print a new label, there should be an edit or change address button that you can use to change the address. If PP doesn’t  allow you to print a new label you may have or use Shippo or Snapship.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

If you void a label on PP they do show a link for a new label?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

Frankly it would be faster and simpler to phone the PO tell the clerk your quandry, ask her to hold the package back, and send DH back to buy a label across the counter.

Then do the refund for the original label online.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

Realizing it's all documented in eBay messages does it still require to be officially updated in PayPal?

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Realizing it's all documented in eBay messages does it still require to be officially updated in PayPal?

-Lotz

There is no way to change an address on PP or on ebay after the purchase.  You can change the address on the label but that isn't going to change the record  anywhere else.  In this case it doesn't really matter because the item was shipped with international small packet. There is no tracking so an inr filed would win regardless of which address it was sent to.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Wrong address

I phoned Paypal and asked if it would be alright to do a label and put it over the one on the Paypal label, they said yes. The post office would let me husband have it because it was already in the system. When I got the amended address from the buyer, there was just one number wrong in what looked like a postal code, so the lady at the post office just changed it, thankfully the buyer had only made a small mistake, I hope it will be alright.

Thanks for all the suggestions, this was not a new buyer, so show knows how many of her purchases have gone astray.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply