Yes ebay no longer offering protection for tracked items below 250.00 for item not received claims.

I shipped an item with full tracking worth 100 dollars, and ebay ripped me of when the buyer filed an item not recieved claim, despite tracking showing the item was deliverd.  

When appealing, ebay said tracking was not available at the time and had the gall to suggest I send the buyer an invoice to pay for the item , as they already refunded it. They said they would be so kind as to not let it affect my account, I would just have to be out the money, and have to try and get a buyer who filed a item not recieved claim, to pay me somehow. 

Despite tracking being there all along, it felt like ebay was having fun slapping me in the face, while intentionally denying me the protections promised from these claims when the item is tracked to be delivered.  

I was quite appauled at the complete lack of integrity. It is like we are all on our own now.  

It appears we all have to be aware that tracking means nothing now, and that ebay will screw us all on item not recieved claims , even when we had tracking showing the item is delivered. 

Congradulations to thieves and crooks... You now can have everything on ebay for free, as ebays gift. Never thought I would see the day, ebay helped and assisted thieves. This takes us all the way back to the first years of ebay. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Yes ebay no longer offering protection for tracked items below 250.00 for item not received claims.

marnotom!
Community Member
To where did the tracking show delivery?
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Something seems missing here….
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

what carrier did you use to ship?  To what courntry did the item go?  When the INR case was opened did you enter the tracking info agin, in your resonse to the case, even though you entered it when you shipped the item?  And how much time had passed between shipping and the claim being opened?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

OP provided a little more information on the thread they started on .com:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-no-longer-standing-behind-seller-protection-plan-for-item...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

In the dotCOM thread @thegreatcanadiannorthernstar  added:

Tracking for the item was available from the very day the item was shipped. Ebays system says upload the tracking if "IT HAS NOT BEEN DONE SO ALREADY".  The request was responded to saying i was not refunding because the item is tracked as delivered. Complete ebay rippoff not supplying the advertised selling protections. 

I had a similar case where the buyer refused the delivery and file a INR case. Tracking here was also available the very day the item was shipped. Amazing ebay never screwed me for that one as well, for the very same reason. 

and @dbfolks166mt

My guess is since you responded that you were not refunding and had not provided the proof of delivery that the buyer asked eBay to step in and due to the lack of the delivery confirmation eBay ruled in the buyers favor. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

So the question remains whether when eBay requested "belt and braces" proof of tracking /delivery, the OP actually responded by repeating the information.

To my mind, and YMMV, if a robot tells you repeating the information is not necessary, but a human asks you to repeat the information, it is likely worthwhile repeating the information. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

from my experience and from what i've read of others, you have to enter the tracking number again when a case is opened, even if you already entered it when the item was shipped.  If you don't, then ebay won't automatically cover INR's and you will have a fight on your hands.

It's daft that you have to enter it again , but since it takes such little effort , just always do it.  Gives Ebay one less excuse to wiggle out of their stated commitments.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

THe message says, IF  you have not uploaded tracking already , upload it , It does not say upload tracking again, so you message is false. You never read all i have said.  Ebays excuse was the system was not allowing them to see the tracking at the time. Well if that be the case they can reverse it now when they can see it. 

Further, they told me I had to go get the money from the buyer!!!. like a buyer who filed a claim and won but should not have, is going to give me any money ?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Fergua responded 6 months ago so this is an old thread but those comments are right.

If you have a claim for an item that has tracking attached and a case is opened, you have to manually add the tracking to the case itself as well. If you don't do this it will close in the buyers favour.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply