Zero feedback buyers

Anyone knows what's up with these?

They generally have no feedback; some have 1-2 pseudo-positive, but it seemingly was left when sellers couldn't leave negative feedback. (the information usually says "never paid," "no communication," or something in the vein thereof)

As for the buyers, are they trolls or something? I don't get the purpose, when the seller can easily do a second chance offer. Of course the latter is a bit hit and miss; so I'm guessing they're teenagers having fun forcing sellers to relist?

For bad/zero feedback sellers, it's more ostensible. Unless I'm wrong (or unimaginative when it comes to fraud); they're probably trying to scam vulnerable buyers not enough eBay literate to pursue a PayPal dispute. But buyers? I don't get it.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Zero feedback buyers

I knew I was tempting fate with my previous comment about $20 'Historic Reign' banknotes.

Just minutes ago I received an 'Item not Received' for a 2015 Twenty Dollar banknote.

I'll be spending them in the future.

To risky to list.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

My theory is that they place a large bid on as many items as they can since eBay does the automatic incremental bidding thing for them, and then they only pay for the items they win at a good price (to resell again).

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with Zombie Threads is that the information may be out of date, the problem was solved long ago, or the advice may now be wrong.

If you have a current problem, start a new thread where up to the minute advice can be given.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

HI everyone - 

Due to the length of time that has gone on since this thread was started I have blocked it from further replies. 

If this is still a topic that warrants further discussion please don't hesitate to start a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 24
latest reply