along the left side under the 

"store design"  box

is a link at the bottom that says 

"subscriber discounts"

then you just have to click on the one for 

"ebay shipping supplies" 

and it shows your coupon.

I've also noticed that if I hover my cursor over "my ebay"

Sometimes, it shows something like "you have a coupon" at the bottom of the list. It isn't doing it right now so I can't remember for certain what the words are.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Re: eBay Canada to Issue Store Coupons in Canadian Dollars

Hi Silvie!

THX for posting your experience trying to use the coupon!

I've included your experience with my messages to Raphael.

I'll let you know what I hear back!

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

There is no such link on my account. I could be wrong but I think that only legacy sellers have that link and the rest of us will get the info by email.

According to a recent announcement......

Coupons will be issued by email to qualifying Canadian subscribers no later than May 31st 2016.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/05/02/7769/

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

I'm a legacy users from 1999, there is no Subscriber Discounts showing anywhere. I did notice (and chuckle) that when you click on Feature List (just below the store design section) that you get a list which includes the "store-referral credit".

You would need to have been here and had a store for a very long time because the store referral credit was done away with in 2008 during the great "stores to core" debacle.

Of course it's a dead link if you actually click on it.

Also a reference to Store Inventory Items, another dead link also a "feature" that was eliminated in 2008.

Pretty hard to believe that on what is a pretty simple static page they could not remove irrelevant lines that have been dead for EIGHT YEARS.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 44 of 53
latest reply

So much for that theory then.  It is odd that some Canadians are seeing that link and others aren't. Perhaps you see it if your  store was opened on .com before .ca existed...??   I wasn't around then so I have no idea when stores were available.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply

recped, a while ago you asked Raphael if they had thought about making an exception for Canadians when listing on .com in categories with shipping caps. Did you ever hear anything more about that?

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

recped, a while ago you asked Raphael if they had thought about making an exception for Canadians when listing on .com in categories with shipping caps. Did you ever hear anything more about that?

@I never did but it's possible he posted something to that thread. Once it got to 6 or 7 pages of silly rants I couldn't face skimming it over to see. (hoping he might use @ to get my attention).

I really had no hope that they might do something but it would be certainly helpful for a lot of Canadian not to mention the thousands of Media sellers all over who list on .com and have to put that "the shipping is NOT $4, please wait for an invoice" stuff in their listings. Talk about making things confusing for buyers!

It would be pretty simple to exempt anything listed as "shipping from outside the USA" from the caps. A few US Sellers might try to abuse that but stating you ship from outside the US wouldn't be popular with too many US based sellers. In any event US sellers already skirt the caps by using calculated shipping and inflating the weight.

If you come across any type of reply from Raphael please do let me know. I'm planning to convert to CAD on .ca but I would really really prefer to stick with US Dollars

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 47 of 53
latest reply

The only way to get past  the shipping cap on eBay.com  would be to deliver   all parcels into the USPS directly.... and many high volume sellers  of media on eBay and elsewhere  do do that...

Or

To have USPS increase their prices  for postage for media mail.... and make USPS rates equal to Canada Post rates

------------------------------------------

The first option is like a GSP option  for delivery from Canada into the USPS.     

The second option is a possibility... if one considers that the USPS needs government subsidies to continue its operation.....

But.... the USPS would get hung if they tripled the cost of media mail...

But ... then they would most likely have the same mandate as Canada Post.... a business   that does not require a government subsidy to function 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The possibility of an exception is like having the sun rise in the west..

------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything  would be like asking for an exception to the high cost of shipping packing supplies from the US to Canada  using that eBay  coupon.....Very few Canadian sellers can use that Coupon.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Everything would make Canadian sellers of media ... just... too special

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

I've read most of that thread and don't remember Raphael mentioning it again but if I think of it, I'll ask him about it on Wednesday. I would surprised too if they were willing do that but it can't hurt to ask again.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

This is a message for ricarmic or sylviebee:

I have a store on Ebay.ca so I will be getting a coupon in CA$ for shipping supplies. Because of the ridiculous cost of the Canadian supplies, I would like to have my coupon in US$ to buy US shipping supplies. I can have it shipped to my PO Box in the US. Maybe there is a way we can switch coupon codes. I give you my premium store CA$.ca coupon every quarter and you give me your US$.com coupon every quarter. I wonder if Ebay would allow that, but it is something I would do. Otherwise, I will try to switch my store to .COM, if it is possible.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

"Otherwise, I will try to switch my store to .COM, if it is possible."

That will not help.  The coupons are based on your location.

A store on eBay,com costs a lot more since the same amount is billed in US$ instead of Cdn$  (regardless of the currency you use in your listings).

Cdn$ 24.95 (basic store on eBay.ca) is a lot less than US$ 24.95 (basic store on eBay.com)

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Hi Poupas! Raphael hasn't been able to get back to my direct message, if I don't hear back from him again, and I'm able for the the board hour, I'll ask the questions again on the board....

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

@poupas2 wrote:

This is a message for ricarmic or sylviebee:

I have a store on Ebay.ca so I will be getting a coupon in CA$ for shipping supplies. Because of the ridiculous cost of the Canadian supplies, I would like to have my coupon in US$ to buy US shipping supplies. I can have it shipped to my PO Box in the US. Maybe there is a way we can switch coupon codes. I give you my premium store CA$.ca coupon every quarter and you give me your US$.com coupon every quarter. I wonder if Ebay would allow that, but it is something I would do. Otherwise, I will try to switch my store to .COM, if it is possible.

Hmm, your store on ebay.ca is billed in CAD and if you switch to eBay.com it will be billed in USD.  Since the coupon is quarterly, I think the increase in store fees per quarter (3 months store fees) caused by the currency conversion would reduce the value of the coupon.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply