eBay is deducting seller fees on US tax from Canadian seller???

Worthless to coment! Here is the  dip in my pocket and I live and sell from Canada!

"

Fees based on
C $318.75

• Item price
    C $300.00

• Sales tax
    C $18.75

• Fees based on

C $318.75

Final Value Fee

-C $35.43
Variable percentage  Pottery & Glass category
Rate for C $0.00 - C $7,500.00
12.35%
Special promotion
C $3.94
International Fee
0.4%
-C $1.28
Charged because the delivery address is in United States. Final amount: C $318.75

Item fee total
-C $36.71
Final Value Fee
-C $0.30
-C $0.30
Per order fixed amount

Total fees
-C $37.01
GST/HST/QST (13%)
-C $4.80
Total fees (includes GST/HST/QST)
-C $41.81"

Thank you!
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: eBay is deducting seller fees on US tax from Canadian seller???

@sniper10000 wrote:

Yes merchant fees a percentage of amount. NOT 12.75% and then tax it too.
They are collecting tax for another country WE sellers never charged it or received it yet are paying 12.75% of it.

Where were you when PayPal started charging its fees on the total transaction, including taxes?

What was the total percentage you were paying eBay and PayPal in fees prior to Managed Payments?

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

33nhl
Community Member

This is the reason they went to there own payment sytem.

As before with PayPal Ebay would collect the tax amount portion from PayPal and possibly Ebay was paying PayPal some fee for it and Ebay could not charge a fee to the seller on that tax portion amount.

So this is why they changed to new managemmnt paymnet system so they can grab extra $$$ in fees  and we will be paying more come March 30 as fees % will go up across many selling categories.

But i dont really care that much any more with Ebay as even with the free 100k listings past 20 months i manged to list 2000 items per month but im selling more offline from Ebay as many buyers know that any extras costs in fees buyers end up paying for it in the end.

There are more free places now avaible to list your items and when they sell you dont pay fees only difference is Ebay has more members but slowly that is changing i list on Facebook market place kijiji and 20 Facebook sport cards group, it takes a bit time listing but any sales made not one cent in fees and buyers are happy cause when i sell a card on Ebay for $100.00 ebay takes about $16.00 in fees so buyers are happy they keep that buying offline and the trend will even incresase as USA sellers now in 2022 when they sell in total over $600.00 of items they will get a tax receipt from ebay for tax purposes as income for the 2022 tax year with IRS.

I have been with Ebay 21 years and its just not worth any more selling when Ebay is taking 15.00 for every 100.00  and no wonder those that use to sell alot of sport cards boxes or those that hold box/case breaks they dont any more cause Ebay is taking too much in fees it cuts into any so called profits. 

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Now with Canadian Sales eBay is collecting tax. So the 1.5% businesses use to be able keep for collecting is no longer.

What I find can NOT be allowed is them now charging sellers 12.9% fee for the tax THEY collect, then charging GST on a fee they made up to collect the tax. Total BS they are taking too much from sellers.

$225 Sale 15 shipping but pay fees on $275.94.

If ANY store in Canada tried that $hit they would be in business for 2 minutes.
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

We pay a FEE on them collecting tax that has nothing to do with Canada then international fee on money we DONT even get then taxed on that fee.

With Canadian taxes being Collected starting July 1st 2022 we now pay 12.9% for tax they collect that i NEVER asked them too. So out the 1.5% or whatever revenue Canada let businesses keep for collecting and paying 12.9% plus GST on the fee. NO store in Canada would get away with charging almost 13% for the tax they collect....
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@sniper10000 wrote:

If ANY store in Canada tried that $hit they would be in business for 2 minutes.

Tried what, exactly?

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@sniper10000 wrote:

So out the 1.5% or whatever revenue Canada let businesses keep for collecting and paying 12.9% plus GST on the fee. NO store in Canada would get away with charging almost 13% for the tax they collect....

Sellers who are registered for GST do not get to keep ANY GST/HST they collect, the 1.5% you refer to applies to Provincial Sales Tax only which would only apply to sellers in BC, SK or MB who are registered to collect and remit PST and it would only apply to Sales within their own Province.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 26 of 26
latest reply