ebay.CA listing promo - 500 free auctions or fixed price (March generic)

Check your promo section.

This appears to be generic offer -- your promo section will have the dates you qualify for -- if you are invited.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/list500.html

5, 7 and 10 day auctions

5, 7, 10 and 30 day fixed price

GTC are also eligible if renewed during the time period

"This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: ... received an email and/or message in My eBay ..."

"...sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. The promotion is eligible only for listings with Canadian Dollars ..."

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: ebay.CA listing promo - 500 free auctions or fixed price (March generic)

Dang it. Another party to which I was not invited. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

This is what I got

Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

That's what it said for me as well. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The URL has '2016' in it.

I put on my party girdle and shaved my legs for nutthin'.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for the heads up....got in on a lesser id...

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It's a generic offer that ebay.ca has been reusing since November? of last year. Probably because of all the screwups they had with bad dates when they were making offers last year using the copy-and-paste method.

So all the details are the same but the dates are now unspecified. The invited eBay IDs have the date range set for them. In my case, my invite is for March 13 to March 19.

Folks that get the "this offer has expired" have had the offer at least once in the past (so the dates associated with the eBay ID are old). Those that get "by invitation only" have never had this offer.

-..-

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

It's a generic offer that ebay.ca has been reusing since November? of last year. Probably because of all the screwups they had with bad dates when they were making offers last year using the copy-and-paste method.

So all the details are the same but the dates are now unspecified. The invited eBay IDs have the date range set for them. In my case, my invite is for March 13 to March 19.

Folks that get the "this offer has expired" have had the offer at least once in the past (so the dates associated with the eBay ID are old). Those that get "by invitation only" have never had this offer.

-..-

Finally an explanation for expired message that makes sense. Thanks. eBay would never figure that out. 

I have it as an issue in mj list of issues for the coming weekly sessions. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

yea says the same thing, you can not sign up as this has expired..

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Huh. Worked for me, which is interesting because I think I accepted every promo last year so I was expecting an expired message when I clicked it...
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It was in the promo section of My eBay, I activated from there, not from the promo page.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it which I am very glad, just wish they would offer up to 5,000 like a few months ago.  I have lots of items that I need to post.  And with 5,000 free listing promos the last time, I sold lots of items than during my 500/1000 free monthly listings!!  So eBay please, please send us 5,000 free listings promos again!  Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply