how to make it ship to Canada and the USA only

just started on ebay, I want to sell to only Canada and the USA, on my add I put Canada and international, and now I'm worried that I may get a buyer from somewhere overseas where it costs me a fortune to ship the item, can anyone assist?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It looks like you only screwed up one listing:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Avatar-The-Burning-Earth-XBOX-360-/272578478621 with $5 shipping worldwide.

Since it is an auction with one bid it's a bit tricker to fix.

Easiest way is to cancel the bid, then cancel the auction because of an error and relist correctly.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

you have Gears set to local pickup only

avatar is se to worldwide with the same $5 shipping as to the USA.   You need to change the international shipping section form "Ships worldwide" to "choose a custom location", and only check USA as you have done with the other 2

The other 2 are fine with Canada & USA shipping only.  However $4 for Canada and $5 to the USA doesnt make much sense being your cost to the USA will be much more then $1 extra.  

You'd be better off to not do auctions with these common games.  eg complete listings for southpark, recent auctions went for $8.xx and $11.xx with free USA shipping compared to closer to $20 for fixed price.  

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You are wise not to ship outside North America until you have more successful sales.

I usually say 'until you have 10 DSRs' as a rule of thumb -- and that's just for Europe.

This may help you set your Seller Preferences to exclude other countries.

Specifying where you'll ship

You can exclude certain regions or countries from the places you're willing to ship to.

Excluding shipping locations:
  1. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.

2. Click the Account tab.

3. Click the Site Preferences link on the left side of the page.

4. Click the Show link to see the Shipping Preferences section.

5. Click the Edit link next to the Exclude shipping locations from your listings option.

6. On the next page, select regions and countries where you don't want to ship your items. If you only want to select certain countries in a continent, click the Show all countries link next to that continent's name.

7. If you want to apply these exclusions to your current listings, select the Apply to all current live listings option.

8. Once you're finished, click the Apply button.

This means bidders who do not have addresses you will ship to, will not be able to bid on your listings.

They might be able to bid if they use a North American freight forwarder, but for your purposes, that's a North American address and not a problem.

You may also want to go to your Seller Preferences and set automatic Blocks against bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Once you set up your shipping on your listings properly as others have described you should block buyers who have a primary address in countries that you don't ship to. You can do that by going to my eBay, accounts, site preferences, buyer requirements and edit.

If you have that checked off you don't have to specify which countries you don't want to ship to as only buyers who have address in your 'will ship to' countries will be able to buy your items. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi. I've been to https://www.ebay.ca/ship/prf/excludeRegions  under Shipping Preferences.

I selected ALL except Canada.

Two problems:

1. My "Ships to:" still shows Canada, United States and United Kingdom... and this directly under the Bid button yikes!

2. I went back to the excludeRegions page and find out the North America list now does not have Canada and now lists "United States"

... like what on earth is going on?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

And in addition, I see the listing still does not exclude US or UK! Yikes! I can't handle that for my first listing.

Shipping and handling

Item location: XXXX
Shipping to: Canada, United States, United Kingdom

Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates, Lesotho, Seychelles, Malawi, Tunisia, Algeria, Chad, Guinea-Bissau, Angola, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Morocco, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), South Africa, Guinea, Cameroon, Uganda, Gabon Republic, Liberia, Madagascar, Eritrea, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Somalia, Mali, Gambia, Niger, Benin, Congo, Republic of the, Saint Helena, Rwanda, Swaziland, Central African Republic, Mozambique, Djibouti, Botswana, Zambia, Cape Verde Islands, Namibia, Kenya, Ghana, Mauritius, Reunion, Mauritania, Sierra Leone, Mayotte, Togo, Ethiopia, Burundi, Comoros, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Western Sahara, Libya, Uzbekistan, Nepal, Turkmenistan, Mongolia, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Maldives, Azerbaijan Republic, Bhutan, Korea, South, Sri Lanka, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Japan, Georgia, India, Bangladesh, Panama, Saint Lucia, Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Antigua and Barbuda, Nicaragua, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Guadeloupe, Honduras, Puerto Rico, Netherlands Antilles, Belize, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Martinique, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Turks and Caicos Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Guatemala, Haiti, Barbados, Jamaica, Virgin Islands (U.S.), Bahamas, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Aruba, Dominica, Ireland, Germany, Serbia, Slovenia, Norway, Andorra, Czech Republic, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Finland, Belarus, Iceland, Hungary, Greece, Italy, Moldova, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Austria, San Marino, Vatican City State, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Albania, Liechtenstein, Malta, Belgium, Monaco, France, Poland, Croatia, Republic of, Slovakia, Cyprus, Montenegro, Estonia, Portugal, Denmark, Ukraine, Switzerland, Latvia, Jersey, Romania, Sweden, Netherlands, Guernsey, Luxembourg, Gibraltar, Spain, Turkey, Kuwait, Yemen, Jordan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Israel, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Lebanon, Bermuda, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Greenland, Tonga, American Samoa, Guam, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Palau, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Tuvalu, Wallis and Futuna, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Nauru, Niue, Kiribati, Fiji, Australia, Marshall Islands, Cook Islands, Taiwan, Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, Thailand, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore, Macau, Laos, Philippines, Indonesia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Paraguay, Bolivia, Suriname, Colombia, Guyana, Chile, French Guiana, Peru, Argentina, Venezuela, Uruguay, Brazil
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@maceep Are you using the overSimplified Sell Your Item form?

That's the one newbies are defaulted too and it is very difficult to use.

Go to the top right of the oSSYI and look for a link that indicates you can change it.

The REAL Sell Your Item Form has a lot more options (most of which you don't want or need) and is clearer and easier to change.

On Shipping if you are listing on dotCA (here) you can Block every country but Canada by simply giving your shipping price for Canada in the very first section (Domestic Shipping)  and then under International Shipping, use the DropDown Menu to indicate No International Shipping.

Done.

Now if you do want to ship to the USA, under International Shipping you use the Drop Down Menu (which may not even be available on the cursed oSSYI form) to choose Custom Location, and choose USA.

If you want to ship to the UK you choose the link Offer Another Service and again Custom Location and choose United Kingdom.

If you Chose Calculated Shipping first (sorry to circle back) you will also be giving the weight and dimensions of your parcelled item.

Do NOT ever choose Surface Shipping. Trust me.

Here is the Canada Post rate card:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

It doesn't include Expedited, which is a business rate and will be offered if you use Paypal or Shippo to print a label. If you use SnapShip, it won't unless you have a Small Business Solutions card, which you need for PP and Shippo anyway so ask for one at the PO counter.

Aaaand......... I'm getting too complicated.

Ask questions when they come up.

The Boards are all screwy these days, but we are here for you.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much.Yeah I wish they'd not dumped me into the simple form... I called eBay and the agent didn't even clue in that I was using it for 15 minutes

Seems like even eBay itself wouldn't want to use its simplified form 😠

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply