length of time when changes are made to a listing about actually appearing in the listing

i read the .com community pages a lot and there was comment made there about listing reivisions taking 24 hours to appear or upload and that your listing for that time 24 hours is really not available even though it shows to you the seller it is --- is that true -- i make a lot of changes to my listings daily infact i spend about an hour each day going over my listings trying to improve what ever i can -ususally about 10 listings a day and then i change the discount levels depending on if any items sold that day   on prehaps 500 the limit at time every other day -- i have 5  seperate sales running right now -- if one sells it goes down 5 % in that sale if nothing sells for a week then it goes up 5 % discount- just trying everything to get more sales --

iam making a grave error doing this as then as the amercians say they are out of the real market base for 24 hours ??? anyone know 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

length of time when changes are made to a listing about actually appearing in the listing

I pay little attention to the .COM community... I do not list on .COM, and have no need to read the.COM boards or see the daily complaints there from the USA community who are for the most part habitual pessimists and complainers.... and we can get enough of that in our own .CA community....

This is eBay Canada so let's concern ourselves with the good, the bad,the ugly on eBay Canada, the.CA  eBay selling site...

Heresay from the .COM boards does not necessarily reflect to activities on the eBay Canada site.

This is is the .CA community, so let's be a.CA community and discuss what actually occurs within the .CA site.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Indexing a new listing can take up to 24 hours, though it does not always take that long. If a new listing is revised before it is indexed, it goes to the back of the line.

Indexing is what allows other users to search for a listing by keyword, or to see a listing by viewing a seller's "items for sale" link. So until a listing completes indexation, it can only be found using a direct link to the item, not by searching.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

thanks eburtonlab for your helpful insights on how this works -- i think i will only now do weekly undates and revisions to old listings so i don't miss any more views -- again thank-you for responding as far as the other commenter saying  he doesn't care what .com resellers think -- i still think reading .com is helpful in that many more people have comments to share than here on .ca -- and i do learn from what ever a reseller has to say no matter where they are from - and yes they have more neg people there but also more helpful ones tooo

Message 4 of 4
latest reply