love doll

stekin_97
Community Member

Im new to selling on Ebay, I know about it...obviously 🙂 

I purchased a love doll from Amazon that was made in China. I contacted them before 24hrs and canceled it. 3 days later they told me they had shipped it without acknowledging. I fought for 2 weeks trying to get a refund. Now I have a love doll unused in its box out a considerable amount of money. The box weights 70lbs it would cost 400.00$ just in shipping. Anyone comfortable about giving me advice on how to sell this product. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

love doll

This evidently a case of Buyer Remorse in which case you are required to pay for tracked return shipping to the seller.

And that is going to be expensive.

And your seller does not sound reliable.

The doll would have to be listed on eBaydotCOM since it is an Adult item and Canada doesn't have a way to list those.

You are going to need this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e3s1

because shipping is the hardest part of selling online.

DotCOM will only allow you to use Flat Rate Shipping from an International Location.

So see how much shipping to the USA California (90210), Florida (32830) and Maine (04101) will cost.  You can set your rate where you want to, either the highest or a median.

EBay will encourage you to sell by Auction,

Don't.

There are more Unpaid Items from auctions than from Fixed Price Listings.

And you are selling to a special demographic.

Use FIXED PRICE/IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED.

Some thoughts.

If you have not unpacked the doll, take a picture of the boxed toy.  Keep the background clean and simple. You can do a lot with a clean white sheet.

Try to use the seller's pictures if you can. You found them attractive, so might others.If you have unboxed her, take your own pictures too. If you have dressed her, the clothing must be included.

Give all the dimensions you can, from the seller's listing if necessary.

Put NEW IN BOX in the title (or New Unboxed if necessary).

Ebay will have Paypal Hold your customer's cleared payment for up to 21 days because you are a new or occasional seller. You will get two emails about this one from eBay and one from PP.  It is safe to ship even though the payment is being Held.

You can buy a shipping label through PP even if the payment is being Held, and this is a rough confirmation that the money has actually been paid.

But again-- the hard part is going to be shipping.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Maybe try selling it on Kijiji
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

love doll

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @stekin_97 - I want to emphasize what @reallynicestamps pointed out: there is no Adult Only category on eBay Canada. 

Additionally, since PayPal does not allow sales for 'adult items' within Canada there isn't a way I have for you to list it on .com and receive payment at all. 

This may be one of those things better listed on Kijiji or another local site. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

love doll

i would file a not as described case against the seller, and make them pay to have it shipped back..

But good luck with that..

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

love doll

@esclyons wrote:

i would file a not as described case against the seller, and make them pay to have it shipped back..

But good luck with that..

Especially as the buyer claims that this was purchased from Amazon.

Uh-huh.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

love doll

I am a loss for words, so ...

Maybe you should go back to Amazon.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Did you read the original post? He purchased it on Amazon!

I think the poster is pulling all your legs...

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

love doll

mcrlmn
Community Member
What is a 'love doll'?
Photos please.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Photo of a "love doll"  is in Message 7.... "love doll" is to the left in the photo .....and then use your imagination. .....  a real human being to the right in the photo

This listing should be in the unique adult category on eBay.com

and with Managed Payments.....  It would no longer be accepted as a listing on eBay

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Thanks.
I saw David Arquette in the photo and thought it brett's sense of humour.
I admit the 70 lb perv doll thing did initially cross my mind, but gave the OP the benefit of doubt.
Funny and disgusting... I thought we were being trolled too.

But here's the some of the item's description from the OP's listing posted in the Reborn Dolls catagory:

"This is a great deal for someone who wants a “relationship” minus the complications of one. If you feel uncomfortable, Don’t!!! I have one, but it’s the cool thing to do if your not ready to commit or just want something besides your hands. Ladies you are welcome as well. Sales are skyrocketing with these items. This product was 1800.00 and I am asking 800.00. It’s cheaper then half of a doll with no arms, legs or head. Look this product up on any site, this is the best price for a full size adult body. Free standing for easy storage. Comes with brunette hair. No carpet to match the drapes. It’s TPE (thermoplastic) Its very durable, more so than silicone. Medically safe. I opened it just for the pictures. absoluty nothing is unwrapped. Be safe keep this product from others using it. Hope to hear from you"

s-l1600.jpg

Obviously, this item doesn't belong in Dolls & Bears>Dolls>Reborn>Reborn Dolls

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Oh dear.

The Reborn Babies ladies are fainting, clutching their pearls and lying down with a cool, lavendar-scented handkerchief over their eyes.

Not that they don't have their own kinks....

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Ha! You betcha!
And I'm sure they do.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Alternative uses for the carpool lane. Use at your own discretion. You will either get a smile or a ticket.

Carpool con: Driver caught with doll in I-5 HOV lane

New Zealand Drivers Use Blow-Up Dolls to Avoid Transit Fines ...

-Lotz

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

love doll

I had a 4 ft art doll for sale on Kijiji and had a call from someone wanting to know about her holes for penetration.

It never occurred to me that someone would mistake my doll for a "Love Doll," but it cracked me up.

She was a stuffed doll and there was nothing sexy about her.

Pretty sure this is a hoax though.  A 70 pound doll seems a little weighty.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

love doll

"Pretty sure this is a hoax though.  A 70 pound doll seems a little weighty."

It might be an intention seeking hoax but life size sex dolls can be purchased on eBay..

This one weighs 90lbs (as per description).

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AI-Sex-Doll-Robot-AIKO-Asian-Female-Anime-Japanese-SEX-DOLL-168-CM-5-6-D-CUP...

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

love doll

LOL. In these dark times this was just the silly thread I needed to make my day! I haven't laughed this "hard" in days! (pun intended)!
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

love doll

A Major cleanup  is needed.....  and will definitely happen with Managed Payments......

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Which one do you think is better, the 70 ib one or the 90 lb one?

Apparently, "there is no Adult Only category on eBay Canada".

It's called, Health & Beauty>Health Care>Sexual Wellness>Sex Toys

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

love doll

Well, you get what you pay for... so I'll go for the 90Iber... LOL! 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply