new single page listing form no way to exclude/include ship to countries

This is real stupid. With the new single page "easy" listing form there is no way to include or exclude ship to countries for each auction. For obvious reasond we are not going to ship a $50 item outside of Canada/USA due to the lack of insurance but at the same time we need to sell $5 items almost world wide.

Ebay in their divine wisdom has left out any way to ship to a different list of countries in each auction. So we are stuck with every auction having to ship to the same country list.

Good one ebay.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@maximus7001 wrote:

We are having the same new 1 page listing form problem with our other account, not this one. We called ebay 4 times about this already and each time they tell us a different lie. Basically the same untruths that they are telling the other posters about all Canadians have been switched to the new form and it being a permanent change. This account was never switched.... And they better not be switching this account.

Is there ever going to be a solution for this?

Also the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool is useless and tries to open an email client... Most of the world stopped using email clients over 10 years ago when microsoft discontinued outlook express for the vista release due to security issues common with email clients. So what overwhelming positive feedback is ebay referring to in their messages to the affected sellers? This is going to be an extreemly small amount received from real backwards internet users that still use an email client. Really?

Well well well... They just switched this account at midnight... But thanks to pococomputing who posted the solution in the other part of the forum and evi9999 who brought this to attention in this thread we have pretended to sell a car in each of our accounts and it fixed the outright stupidity for both of our accounts. We still need to check our American address dot com account.,

So the rest of you will probably be getting switched now or in the near future. We have uploaded a screenshot of the dialog window that appears when you attempt to sell a car.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@mcrlmn wrote:

Set up shipping under Account - Business Policies.

That makes all auctions have the same ship to locations. The problem here is not all items are desirable to ship to all the same locations.

For example:

#1. cassette tape, $5 is ok to ship pretty much anywhere by lettermail, low value = low risk

#2. imac, $1000 is not ok to ship to the same locations as the cassette tape

#3. plasma tv $500 is not ok to ship to anywhere that is not NTSC region and 120 volt ac electricity

#4 1970 AMC Trans Am Javelin $35000 is not ok to ship to the locations that the cassette tape would be ok to hence the new stupid tool not being compatible with ebay motors as shown in the picture in our last post.

Message 22 of 36
latest reply

Now this is awkward...

evi9999 came to our shop personally to inform us of the solution that poco posted for our dot ca accounts. evi9999 used our office computer to post here on the forums. evi9999 logged out and we logged into our accounts but the community somehow stayed logged in with evi9999's account when we posted but we were logged into ebay dot ca with our account. We know this to be a fact because we fixed our accounts just before posting with the same computer after evi9999 was no longer in the building???

Anyways we realized he was somehow still logged in to the community forums just now even though we had logged into 2 of our accounts since he left. It took a reboot to be able to post as ourselves now.

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@evi9999 wrote:

Ok, a recap here for those who were not affected by this issue. Ebay dot ca decided to have a beta test of a stupid new one page listing tool that makes you create a template first before listing. No way to choose a category either. Then when you go to edit your ship to locations they forgot about that feature altogether.

Overall the new tool is not really that bad and is an attempt by ebay to unify things so it would work like the android app. However, the way ebay picked sellers at random to force it on with a guarantee that a simple phone call could fix it was very unprofessional to begin with since the people answering the phone have no idea even what day it is nevermind what dot ca is. One call to them yesterday made me furious because the person said I was calling the wrong customer service and that I should be calling Canadian customer service???? There is no such thing anymore.

Just wondering about another thing? What do ebay dot ca fr customers do when they need to phone ebay?

Anyways there is a solution for this from the seller listing tools of the forum as follows (giving credit to the poster of the solution):

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Fixed!!!

Thanks poco for the solution. Attempting to sell a car finally fixed the problem.

The staff at ebay are completely useless. They called me at work many times today. The boss was not pleased. The email they sent me today only referenced some sort of seller hub that I have never heard of??? When I called them yesterday I could not get them to understand that Canada has it's own ebay called dot ca and that this issue was only affecting dot ca and not affecting dot com.

Fixed now thanks to this post.
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

I got the email from Ebay about this great and wonderful (NOT) listing form so am wondering if I have been picked or if they are picking everyone.

If we use TL. how does it affect us or any other 3rd party listing tool.

I have not used Ebay listing forms in who knows how long.

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I got the email from Ebay about this great and wonderful (NOT) listing form so am wondering if I have been picked or if they are picking everyone.

If we use TL. how does it affect us or any other 3rd party listing tool.

I have not used eBay listing forms in who knows how long.

To the best of knowledge from reading eBay.com USA forums since the new listing tool and new seller hub since they were introduced last fall, there are no compatibility issues for Turbo Lister. TL is an independent program directly interfacing the eBay site API (application program interface).

I also have Turbo Lister installed (for 8+ years) but use it only to backup listing created online. I do occasionally take on old listing saved in TL to relist when I find that item again. I have some TL experience with the hub and listing tool on eBay.com but it is limited since I list few listing now. I have been listing on eBay.com mainly for the past year or so.

So from what I read and what I experienced over the past months with the new listing tool and the seller hub, I do not think there are any issues with TL. There should not be since they are only storing/retrieving data in eBay site listing database and not talking directly to each other.

Edit: I will add that Selling Manager on eBay.com USA and eBay.ca Canada has been affected by changes made to the seller hub. The hub is similar to Selling Manager and when they change some thing in the layout of the new Seller Hub, it can affect Selling manager and has. Most were minor annoying cosmetic changes to layout of columns in Selling Manager. A couple of times I think they broke Selling Manager but only for a few minutes/hours.

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

@evi9999 wrote:

Ok, a recap here for those who were not affected by this issue. Ebay dot ca decided to have a beta test of a stupid new one page listing tool that makes you create a template first before listing. No way to choose a category either. Then when you go to edit your ship to locations they forgot about that feature altogether.

Overall the new tool is not really that bad and is an attempt by ebay to unify things so it would work like the android app. However, the way ebay picked sellers at random to force it on with a guarantee that a simple phone call could fix it was very unprofessional to begin with since the people answering the phone have no idea even what day it is nevermind what dot ca is. One call to them yesterday made me furious because the person said I was calling the wrong customer service and that I should be calling Canadian customer service???? There is no such thing anymore.

Just wondering about another thing? What do ebay dot ca fr customers do when they need to phone ebay?

Anyways there is a solution for this from the seller listing tools of the forum as follows (giving credit to the poster of the solution):

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Fixed!!!

Thanks poco for the solution. Attempting to sell a car finally fixed the problem.

The staff at ebay are completely useless. They called me at work many times today. The boss was not pleased. The email they sent me today only referenced some sort of seller hub that I have never heard of??? When I called them yesterday I could not get them to understand that Canada has it's own ebay called dot ca and that this issue was only affecting dot ca and not affecting dot com.

I am happy that I was able to help members with this eBay Motors trick to reset to the old Sell form.

I do like the new seller form and have since it was introduced. I know there are limitations to the new form but for me most things are okay. I am using eBay Business Policies which allow exclusion of countries so I never noticed the issue of not blocking countries being available in the new sell tool.

But that issue is typical of the new Sell form. Little things forgotten and missing. I have being posting and complaining about the little (and big issues) along with other beta users since the new Sell Form came out last fall. Some issues were fixed, some not. My biggest complaint about the new sell tool and hub team is they do not state where they are going and what is included and not included. Forget about any training or information on using the new tools. Forget about calling eBay Customer Support as they are clueless on most things as most readers of this forum know already.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

Thank you so much poco.  I relisted a few items today - tried your trick on the first one and I got the old form back.  So much better.

pocomocomputing wrote:

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

how you did ?
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

Hey handbags, what do you mean "how you did?"

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

I've never listed on ebay motors.  How do I find it?

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Click on Change Category - then - Click on Automotive in categories

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Thanks so much for your help.  It's obvious now that you pointed out the steps. Thanks again! Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

Click on Change Category - then - Click on Automotive in categories

Or when you click "sell" you are only presented with a search field (remember you cannot browse categories anymore with this new tool). Enter the make and model of a car, example: AMC Javelin then pick the cars & trucks category, it will then shut off the new tool for you.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

This came up at Board Hour and Raphael made a commitment to take the lack-of-exclusion issue to the team that developed this page. 

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Just another example of Ebay "fixing" things that are not broken!

Message 36 of 36
latest reply