question about promoted listings

I was wondering when you add an item to promoted listing, when it sell, can you know if it is from promoted listing or not ? for example if a returning customer purchase a promoted listing, does eBay still charge you the corresponding percentage ?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: question about promoted listings

You will be charged every time a buyer purchases a Promoted Listing.

Even if he is a returning buyer and buying the same item again.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There is a time limit, as far as I remember it is 30 days so if the buyer looks at an item via promoted listings and comes back anytime within 30 days to buy it once or multiple times, the promoted listing fee is charged.

You can see that an item was sold via promoted listings on your seller hub it shows it in the "print labels and ship" tab and "orders" tab right under the item title (mabye other places too these are the ones I normally frequent).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

thanks for the response, I think this is not fair, I believe eBay should charge the fee if they bring extra traffic through which there is a sale, I also tried to check and compare my traffic but all I get in my records are zero, I do not know why my traffic does not show up.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ummmmm- You WANT eBay to charge for Promoted Listings that don't lead to a PL sale?

Even keeping track of PL Views for 30 days strikes me as optimistic. Perhaps if the buyer put the PL on her Watch List. That would be fair.

One of the things I like about PL is that it promotes Views to all my listings, not just the Promoted ones. 

And there was definitely a rise in both Views and Sales from Nov2019 when I started using PL to March 2020 when we started seeing the pandemic surge* in online selling.

But it was noticeable that there was no particular rise in sales of Promoted listings.

*Anecdote is not data, and the surge was an outlier (a very profitable outlier) so I won't be able to work on data until Nov2020 to March 2021 has passed.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

How do you check your views ? or record of your traffic ?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@styleclash2 wrote:

How do you check your views ? or record of your traffic ?

Promoted listings

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mktg/pl

Traffic

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/prf/traffic

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply