"Contact Buyer"/messages problem

Is anyone else having this problem? I tried clicking from the email, from the listing's page and from the Seller Hub and it keeps taking me back to the Messages Inbox.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes. There was a post about this yesterday and the poster found a workaround.

Finally got it. I went to her feedback and to "contact", and 'message is not about an item" and got it through that way. If it had been asking for an offer, I could not have done that.

The title of the post would not make you think of it as having your answer.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have had the same problem for about a week now.  My workaround:

Clicking  'Contact Buyer' in the drop-down menu under 'Print shipping label' brings up the message template I used to be able to reach via the email.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This morning I had a question from a buyer in the UK.

When I tried to reply on .COM (which is where I usually work) I got this:

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.ca/cnt/ReplyToMessages?" on this server.

Reference #18.9fc68848.1625654069.91f51961"  

Which is interesting because it is a .CA message, it ports me over to the .CA side when I reply to a .COM message, at least for a UK buyer (extra checks afterward makes it appear it does this for everyone).

Anyway it returned that message for a few tries on the .COM side so I repeated the same message starting from the .CA side and it worked.

No idea if I just hit the magic lucky number of attempts or if changing the origin site for the message reply made the difference.....

Message 4 of 4
latest reply