"Not called for" is driving me about crazy!

Yesterday I got my 5th box/package back with the reason "not called for". (Almost all of these are untracked small packets).

In NONE of the cases did I hear anything from the buyers, no INR or inquiries or anything! 

All came back after 4 or 5 or so months so they're all from before the COVID era. They were sent late 2019 or January 2020. They took a long time being held and then to come back. Yesterday's was sent January 27th to the UK.

They're from various countries: Russia x2, Sweden, UK, Saudi Arabia.

So far in all cases the buyers were not aware of the package awaiting them, despite the fact the PO "held" it for them in some cases like Russia up to 3 months before they sent it back to me! Generally they've all expressed significant frustration with their PO.

So far I've reached all the buyers using the "reply" to their PAYPAL id to get their email address.

Some of these boxes are over $200, so I am very surprised that I've never heard from any of these buyers!

Fortunately for them I've got high enough moral standards to chase them down to give them their money back, but I'm starting to get a bit more grumpy about the time it takes and I may become less moral down the road wink

Anyway this is the "opposite" problem we normally have with premature INRs

(which I also have a number of as well that are COVID era related. Generally they cause me a great deal of extra paperwork because the package does arrive after refunding and I have to reinvoice etc again along with all the communication that happens in between.)

I suppose this really qualifies as a vent, but I would be interested to know if others are seeing the same thing? Before these 5, I do not remember the last time before these that something came back!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

One of the reasons I don't ship to Russia or Saudi Arabia, although most of them are Putin and Kashoggi.

As you know, you are not required by eBay to refund when a shipment is "undeliverable".  Those shipments are not covered by the Money Back Guarantee. Another case where law and ethics differ.

We are lucky as sellers, you and I, because our customers read, enjoy following instructions, and are generally worldly enough to understand that sh*t happens.

It's a lot harder on our colleagues in the sportscard, designer sneakers, gaming and electronics fields. Any category where the edgelords and entitled hang out.  I guess that's why the MBG ruling exists.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I haven't had that problem but then my overseas sales are few and far between these days.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply