"Sell To Buy" promo ($50 value) until 11/17

Not sure if anyone posted this and I just missed it, but it's still good for another week...

https://pages.ebay.ca/sell-to-buy/index.html

Message 1 of 117
latest reply
116 REPLIES 116

Re: win your list promo

Hey tyler@ebay please add me to the list of people that have not received the coupon.

Thanks for your help

Message 41 of 117
latest reply

I haven't either. Made sale over $50 so expecting to get $50. I did speak on the phone (for what it's worth asking ebay to call you seems pretty fast) twice and was told it would happen within the two weeks. The person I talked to also sent a message to my ebay messages, cause one of the times I couldn't pick up the phone, the message says that I will get the amount within the time period.

Message 42 of 117
latest reply

If this had been handled properly and folks knew when they could expect their coupons and for how much and then could have tied purchases to Black Friday/Monday sales generating lots of business for sellers who have been hurting as of late along with more billable fees for eBay. Kinda a win-win scenario in the scheme of things. The longer this takes to be resolved the more difficult it will be for anything to be ordered to arrive in time for Xmas.

-Lotz

Message 43 of 117
latest reply

It's not ideal by any means (I would have liked to have cashed in on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals) but as long as I get it in the end and there is a substantial timeframe to use said coupons I have no problem with it.

I think the 5 dollar coupon is suppose to expire soon though so that concerns me.

Message 44 of 117
latest reply

tyler@ebay  i have not received my coupon either. thanks

Message 45 of 117
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

... I believe one person stated that it was ONLY for persons using the APP. If that is the case, that almost sounds discriminatory. Hmmm.  What about us poor folks still on PC's? 

That's how I read the win-your-list promo email -- so I didn't bother signing up for that promo because my phones are all dumb.

-..-

Message 46 of 117
latest reply

I just got off the phone with an eBay rep named Richard, and he said that the coupon will be provided some time between November 25th and December 9th.  This, of course, directly contradicts the promotion as described, but can someone at eBay confirm whether or not this is true?

Message 47 of 117
latest reply

Nice, well first attempt got me placed on hold and then hung up on. Sigh.
Message 48 of 117
latest reply

Okay so here's what the second rep told me: The only promotions you're actually eligible for are ones sent to you directly via messages or email. So despite the fact that this was ON MY EBAY FRONTPAGE FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION, despite the fact that I activated it successfully, only people who received it via email or ebay direct messages are even going to possibly get this. The sales I did in November were SPECIFICALLY to meet this 50$ quota, I sold items lower than I would have to meet it under the deadline. Turns out I was expected to, I suppose, phone in to ebay support for an hour to double check that the promotion was real or not.
Message 49 of 117
latest reply

That is miss information again. If it was clicked on and accepted, it has to be honored..

Ebay is trying to pass the buck once again..

Message 50 of 117
latest reply

This reminds me of the ebay emails I get recommending items that I bought the days before right on ebay.ca, meaning their algorithms get things very wrong, I guess showing 'wrong' things on homepage falls under same issue?

Message 51 of 117
latest reply

@that_pug 

tyler@ebay  Can you address this please. Seems to be many reports as of late from eBay CS reps giving callers bad information. Once one accepts an offer it should be recorded as activated in Sellers Hub so everyone knows what is going on.

-Lotz

Message 52 of 117
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Can you please add me to the list of non paid people?  i accepted some pretty low ball offers in order to be a part of this promo..  i really could use that 38 dollars..  my ebay fees were 32 per cent of my sales this month...  thanks

Message 53 of 117
latest reply

i accepted the offer from the app, and after the 17th, all mention of it disappeared.  along with the items i sold for half of what they needed to bring in.  .

Message 54 of 117
latest reply

Message 55 of 117
latest reply

tyler@ebay    I did not receive my coupon yet.  I am expecting $50

Message 56 of 117
latest reply

Just checked the fine print. Here is what the description states about eligibility:

"This Promotion is available to Sellers who (i) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards; and his or her eBay account is in good standing."

Now you realize that not all sales qualify. Just those that were started and sold in the period from your  activation to Nov.17th.  If you were late activitating the promo, you might be out of luck. I can imagine that Ebay's techs are swamped trying to determine who qualifies and for how much. Maybe that's the delay, but who knows.

Message 57 of 117
latest reply

That *really* irritates me even more then. So checking with the 'experts' and then getting back the answer that it has to be sent to you directly is an outright lie then. At this point it's more a principal thing because a big portion of the attractiveness of the promotion was having that extra bonus for the Black Friday promo prices. I've taken screengrabs of the promotion's terms page in case they take it down or change it.
Message 58 of 117
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I didn't get a coupon either - please add me to the list.

Thank you

Judith

Message 59 of 117
latest reply

Started and sold about $200 in items in the promo period, no coupon here either

Message 60 of 117
latest reply