selling digital movies/codes?

Hey guy's quick question is it safe to sell digital codes for movies ? I am looking for stuff to sell to get my rating up and I put 1 blue-ray up to test the item. I was contacted by someone to buy just the code for 4 $ I agreed everything went fine I sold something I was selling for 8 when it was just the digital code for 4 and did not have to pay shipping.. I sent him a picture of the code on the paper that came with the blue-ray he left good feed back and everything is fine. But it left me thinking I have about 60-70 of these codes and I don't use them..

Anyway to the point , is sending the code in a picture proof of the person getting it or is there someway they could mix it and say the code never worked and I lose the code. I know not everyone is like the guy I sold the code to and as honest as he is. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Please take a few minutes to read eBay's official policy on the subject:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/selling-digital-items.html

To answer your question: "Is it safe?"  In my opinion: no.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Please take a few minutes to read eBay's official policy on the subject:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/selling-digital-items.html

To answer your question: "Is it safe?"  In my opinion: no.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Not supposed to sell and electronically deliver that kind of stuff, but its frequently done.   Some of the game preorder bonus codes have gone for crazy amounts here, somethings for more then the game was.  You can definitely end up without the money,or with listings removed though

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

i'm confused i'm in the page that the guy above you commented and it says nothing about not being aloud to sell them?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

You can try to sell them if you want. A buck a throw is not a lot of money. Thing with codes is, buyers claim they don't work and want a refund.

If you are not going to use them, sell them. Budget for fraudulent INR claims, I dunno, say 50%. So, at the end of the day, you are doing all the work for $35.

A lot of effort and headaches for $35.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

oh thanks that clears things up.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

first line "You can use only the Classified Ad format from eBay.com".  That is completely different, doesnt exist on .ca, and would leave no chance of getting a sale

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ok wasen't sure what that was , thought it as just a regular ad.. guess i'll just find another site for them since I didn't realize I have so many
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

"it says nothing about not being allowed to sell them"?

Did you really read that page.

"You can use only the Classified Ad format from eBay.com"

Then you have to read the PayPal Protection Policy:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

"The seller's listing is for a physical item – services and intangible items aren't covered. "

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just bought a Flixster digital movie from a good seller. So I went to my Flixstervideo my collection to redeem the movie code. It installed no problem. When I played it, it played to 16 minutes only and it stopped. It didn't go any farther. I logged in to the Flixster support and surprise surprise it took me to the WB warner brothers support site. So I chatted to a support person there. I told the support person my playback problem and asked him did WB buy Flixster. He replied yes.

Now he told me that their Technicians are working on the problemss.

I would recommend to all DON'T BUY ANY CODE MOVIES FROM FLIXSTER, wb IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SITE BY THE SOUND OF IT. Wait until they sort out their problems.

Had I known of this sales I would have avoided any buying from Flixster.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2014

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them may be out of date or incorrect.

@happy_pigeon

@jiminiequick

Most sales on eBay are covered by the Money Back Guarantee.

As noted above, digital items are NOT covered by the MBG , which didn't exist as such when the thread started,  and are purchased at the buyer's (and seller's) own risk.

You can still contact the seller and let him know the problem and ask how he can help you.

He is cannot be forced to do anything, and from what you say can't do anything anyway, but it's worth trying.

Politely.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply