Is there an eBay "items wanted" section (area)

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is such an area or section with eBay, where someone can post an item that they are wanting?

It seems like a no brainer to me, but I have never seen any such area on this site.  Am I missing something?

Anybody?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there an eBay "items wanted" section (area)

Not any more. eBay got rid of it a couple of years ago. Too bad, it was great!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

From what I read, it was easy for the seller to make off-eBay deals allowing the seller to avoid eBay fees.

PS It was discontinued in Nov 2012.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Probably to make more room on a server. It was definitely used by a lot of buyers and sellers. As a seller I used it to tell me what items buyers were looking for. As a buyer I was able to find items that search never showed me.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Not any more. eBay got rid of it a couple of years ago. Too bad, it was great!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anyone know why it was cancelled??
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

From what I read, it was easy for the seller to make off-eBay deals allowing the seller to avoid eBay fees.

PS It was discontinued in Nov 2012.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Probably to make more room on a server. It was definitely used by a lot of buyers and sellers. As a seller I used it to tell me what items buyers were looking for. As a buyer I was able to find items that search never showed me.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing! I absolutely need a "Wanted List" section on eBay!!! This is because I'm looking for a couple of vintage Universal Lites branded Christmas light strings/sets from the early 1970's or mid-1970's with 25 light sockets on them to buy on eBay.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD From 2015....

might have been better to start own thread

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

There is a Search Bar at the top of the page.

I typed in Universal Lites and then used the left hand menu to focus on Collectibles-> Holiday and Seasonal.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/Holiday-Seasonal/907/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Universal+Lites

Got 12 results.

You can set up a Search that will notify you any time anyone lists using your keywords.

I found the Wanted service a pain in the neck. I never found a customer even when I had exactly what the poster wanted and when I posted something I wanted I was inundated by garbage listings.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 9 of 9
latest reply