Shipping options not showing up (other than Canada Post Lettermail), started today

jsonwg
Community Member

For some reason shipping options other than Canada Post Lettermail are no longer showing up for me. This was fine in the past few days when I listed other items but does not work for me today. Thinking it might be some bad cached data, I tried signing in on different browsers and devices with the same result.

I have tried randomly adjusting the weight and package dimensions to larger and smaller values but nothing seems to work.

Only when I check the "I don't know the package details" box do the other options show up (ex. Canada Post Regular Parcel, Canada Post Expedited Parcel, Canada Post Tracked Packet - USA, etc) but I want to have calculated shipping and not a flat rate.

Anyone else having this problem or knows what might be going wrong? Thanks

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Shipping options not showing up (other than Canada Post Lettermail), started today

I’m also having this exact same problem! I noticed it happening today on the eBay app on iPhone. I haven’t tried it on a computer yet. I thought it was a glitch with the app. I’m sorry I don’t have a solution for you but I wanted to respond to let you and others know that this is happening to more than one person. It’s really annoying because I don’t want to charge a flat rate for shipping.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Re: Shipping options not showing up (other than Canada Post Lettermail), started today

I'm also experiencing the same problem where only Canada Post letter mail shipping options show up for listings where I've entered weights and dimensions that obviously exceed those of letter mail. I contacted eBay support on Nov 8, 2022 and the agent said it was a known error that should be fixed shortly. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I’ve also been experiencing this issue since yesterday and I’m unable to consistently select both Canadian and US Canada Post shipping options on both the app and a desktop browser. After multiple attempts I got it to work for one item, but I have 10+ items that I can no longer list today because of this. Huge waste of time and very frustrating.
Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I'm having the same issue - on Chat with Support right now trying to get it resolved.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Update: same response as treasure-north got - eBay has reported the issue to the internal team, and they are actively working on it.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

jxmasas84
Community Member

Also having this issue! Spent a couple hours with a couple different support agents. Woulda been much more cool if they'd just said it was a known issue they were tryin to resolve...

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@jxmasas84 wrote:

Also having this issue! Spent a couple hours with a couple different support agents. Woulda been much more cool if they'd just said it was a known issue they were tryin to resolve...

Number 1 rule when contacting eBay CS is advising you are a Canadian seller/buyer. Rule 2...See rule 1. When I spoke to them last night agent had no idea it was a problem.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

@treasure-north wrote:

I'm also experiencing the same problem where only Canada Post letter mail shipping options show up for listings where I've entered weights and dimensions that obviously exceed those of letter mail. I contacted eBay support on Nov 8, 2022 and the agent said it was a known error that should be fixed shortly. 

Thanks for the info, I'm glad they are at least aware of it
I'm surprised they are taking over a couple days (so far) to deal with this as there must be tons of people out there who are blocked on listing due to being unable to set their shipping preferences

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Just checked again this morning (10:30 AM EST) and it's still an issue. Still only have CP Lettermail as the only option.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Same problem. Been on chat with three different people. First person said it was a known issue. Would be fixed shortly and to try again later. That was two days ago. Second person didn’t k ow what the hell she was talking about. Third person didn’t help either. This is super frustrating.
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

The issue has also been showing up on dotCOM.

Seems to be intermittent.

As a workaround (and workarounds should not be necessary) you could try using Flat Rate Shipping and setting your rate high enough to cover parcel delivery to the opposite coast from your location. (BC NL FL CA)

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@thatitaliangirl 

I don't know if this is the problem but it's possible that this is being caused because ebay has opted you into business policies.  With business policies you don't fill go that information on the listing form. Instead it is done using different policies.

If you go to the following page, check to see if it has a link where you can get started using business policies or if it shows that you already using business policies.  If so, you can opt out and your listing form should go back to normal.  Please let us know if this helps so that others can try it.

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.ca/businesspolicy/policyoptin

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Hi it shows that I can opt into business policies. So I’m not already on it. But thank you. And thanks for your message on my listing as well.
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Well darn! I was hopeing it was a fix that people could do on their own.

Thanks for checking and for replying!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

Has this been fixed for you? I’m still having issues
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

lwc1987
Community Member

I'm having this issue right now too. It's frustrating.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Just checked again, still a problem. I've had a draft listing for 4 days I've been unable to post. Fortunately for me this isn't my job or livelihood, but this is seriously concerning.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

I’ve spoken to three different agents. Seems canada is not a priority.
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

EBay is probably busy ‘fixing’ something else that isn’t broken to worry about this showstopper. Boy do I despise this new listing form they forced on us, even before it broke.
Message 20 of 28
latest reply