ebay global shipping

freaude0
Community Member

i rrecently purchased a used motorcycle gas tank. Ebay center decided is restricted !! how come this part is restricted since i have been bying parts for my motorcycles including gas tank without any shipping problems.

This service is **bleep** and full of **bleep** i will sue ebay for it

Other shipping problem i never received a part and they put it as rejected

Sellers stop using this **bleep** service 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ebay global shipping

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the matter will come along to help, but it would be my understanding that it is not eBay that is restricting the product, it is the Global Shipping Program as used by eBay sellers.

for further info refer to:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ebay global shipping

I would guess that a used gasoline tank cannot be shipped because of concerns over hazardous gas potentially still in the tank. No matter how well the seller cleaned it.

As for having purchased used gas tanks in the past, i would suspect they did not come using the GSP and little checking was done to see if it was allowed or not to be shipped internationally.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

ebay global shipping

Things that can explode are not looked on kindly by shippers.

Did you get your money back?

Other shipping problem i never received a part and they put it as rejected

Who is "they"? The seller ? The GSP?  Was it potentially explosive? Did you get a refund?

Other items that are not allowed to be shipped without appropriate protective packaging include perfume, firecrackers and chimney fire extinguishers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ebay global shipping

@richardcm wrote:

I would guess that a used gasoline tank cannot be shipped because of concerns over hazardous gas potentially still in the tank. No matter how well the seller cleaned it.

As for having purchased used gas tanks in the past, i would suspect they did not come using the GSP and little checking was done to see if it was allowed or not to be shipped internationally.

I have recollections of a post from a long time ago about the same situation, and it was determined that concerns over possible fuel residue in the used fuel tank was the reason for the shipment dead-ending in Kentucky.

The postal system also restricts or prohibits shipping of certain items for reasons other than legal ones.  I'm not sure what grounds the OP would have for a lawsuit.  They should be more concerned about recovering their funds if they haven't already done so.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

ebay global shipping

There are alternatives to the GSP problem...only purchase from sellers who do not use GSP and/or ask the seller if they'd ship directly to you without using GSP.

However, in this case, it's best to know what can and cannot be shipped via GSP as well as what is prohibited by Canada Post and other carriers as well.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply