Chit Chat express is it worth it?

Chit Chat has come to BC.  The drive for me is 30 km each way.  I'm just wondering how sellers who have been using this service like it and is it worth it.  How does it work.  Do you take the item there and wrap it?  Do you fill out the forms there?  

Any advice would be appreciated?

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Chit Chat express is it worth it?

@maximus7001 wrote:

Nobody mentioned how much chit char charges.

Check their website, all their fees are detailed there for anyone to study.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 41 of 50
latest reply

actually, only the fees for BC and Ontario are on their website, Nova Scotia is a little higher because ours has to be air freighted to Ontario before they take it down to Niagara Falls. Even so, I just paid my first bill and it was very reasonable.  

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

Do you get a special rate to Ontario when you ship to them there?

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

we don't ship them ourselves, they have a representative who collects from all the drop off areas and pick ups and he freights them to Ontario.  It's part of the service but it does mean a little more cost and travel time.  Luckily, the usps system is incredibly fast- every package I've had out with them delivers within the 2 or 3 days as promised even as far away as Puerto Rico.  Canada Post can't get a letter across Halifax in 2 days let alone all the way to BC.  I'm just glad I'm in a province serviced by Chit Chat's or I wouldn't be able to get things out should there be a strike.  Actually, I'm back to using them full time since the last 72 hour announcement. 

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

In BC, have you tried letter lock? print usps labels on ebay , works the same for amz.
Message 45 of 50
latest reply

I live in N. Van and drop off in Burnaby, Abbotsford is too far to go.

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

what does letter lock mean, I couldn't find that term online

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

one word

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

ahhh it's a company, thanks