List your collectibles Free, up to 100 items auction-style

List your collectibles Free, up to 100 items auction-style
Pay no insertion fees on 100 auction-style listings in collectibles categories. Learn More
Start: 01/05/15 00:00:00 EDT
End: 01/06/15 00:00:00 EDT

Available at ebay.ca,cafr.ebay.ca

Lasts a month, and looks like it's a "permanent" feature like the 500 free fixed price I get with my store subscription.
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: List your collectibles Free, up to 100 items auction-style

So TL could create more listing fees if used to bulk list auction items?

More glitches or games? Who is going to test. TL always shows fees when it checks for fees and then when you list it shows 0, could that be your issue?

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Just tried it and it worked. It doesn't show the discount until the very end, when you commit to list.

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

Yup, that was it. Previous relists at the beginning of the month, never showed that. That's why I was hesitant to complete the listings.

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Its not Free if you have to Pay to have a Store........ Now the 50 free listings a month has been changed to 20 ... Nice way to squeeze out the small guys.
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"Where the information comes from? The link you provided leads to information about fees only. No categories explained there."

As stated earlier, there is a link on that fee page explaining what categories are eligible.

"Insertion fees are free for the first set number of listings per month, depending on your Store subscription (exclusions apply)."

THANK YOU! That's what I looked for.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

Coins are a collectibles category so you can list 20 coin auctions in addition to the original 20 listings.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

That third (generic) classification in the list, "Collectibles" covers a lot of ground -- and is subject to broad personal interpretation.  I wonder how (or if) eBay is going to be monitoring what gets listed in that category?  

When this announcement originally came out, my first thought was that the only collectibles that are worth offering at auction anymore are the ones that are fairly rare, sought after and valuable.  Yet those are the very items that sell well at Fixed Price if the seller knows their business.  Oh well, we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, even from eBay. 

Nail on the head rose.

As my items are 99% "collectibles" I can say with a pretty educated opinion that the more expensive items, if they are going to sell, will sell easily in fixed price listings so long as you hit the price correctly. The only time they sell in auction (if they have failed to sell in fixed price) is when some ding dong lists them at way to low a starting bid without reserve and the bottom-feeders take notice.You might get a couple of bids but the item won't get bid up because the bottom-feeders are looking for a low-ball score to resell or they are just unreasonable cheap.

That of course then begs the question "Why?" and how much extra work has Ebay created for themselves now by having to monitor what is being listed in the collectibles category by people trying to skirt the listing fees. Will they even try to police it as the past has shown us they can be really lax on enforcing some things while absolutely crushing people for the tiniest of honest mistakes.

Don't get me wrong as I would never complain about getting free anything but in this case these extra 100 "auction style only" listings don't make a lot of sense.

Cheers,

thD

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Sellers have to learn how to list an auction ... carefully... and in an effective manner....

Know what to list and what not to list.

I know several who sell very successfully on eBay.... using auctions...  Nothing is perfect... but they know  how to do it....

--------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts... a 10 day auction... start on Friday evening ... go through two weekends... and end on a Monday...

I live in Winnipeg... at about the centre of Canada...

My auctions used to start at about 8:30 PM Winnipeg time....

The auction ended at 9:30 PM .....10:30 PM eastern time... and 6:30 PM ... 7:30 PM  western time ... catching all potential bidders from east coast to west coast North America.... when those buyers are home 

But.... then one half hour later in Newfoundland... 11:00 PM.... almost forgot...  this reality...

Message 28 of 28
latest reply