SO HOW MANY OF YOU honestly FEEL YOU MAY LOSE YOUR PS STATUS?

katiusciav
Community Member
...with the new upcoming changes?? do you still think you'll be able to maintain? i know i won't be around for awhile, but just due to not selling, it'll be real interesting to see how many of the current posters here will still be able to post here in six months and on...?
Kat
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Nope, I can deal with them as they are and I rather have lower stars than have to live in the USA.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 21 of 44
latest reply

autogrilles*
Community Member
Someone posted on the PS USA board (for terms of the 15% off if you have higher than 4.8) that there were only 4 sellers who have that.

Guys, I would not worry. Powerseller status really means nothing. We have been selling for about 5-6 years and maybe 2 of those as a Powerseller and our sales were no better once we became a Powerseller. The whole program is overrated.

Personally, when I buy, I could care less if someone is a Powerseller. I will buy from someone who isn't a Powerseller with a high feedback score (like 5,000-10,000) anyday over someone with a lower one (500-1,000) and Powerseller status.

I read a study was done (I think by Harvard) maybe 3-4 years ago on Ebay feedback. It stated that if your feedback was like 96% or higher (even though 96-97% is poor) that the number of sales were not that much bigger for someone who was at....say 99.9%....versus someone at like 96.5%.
Message 22 of 44
latest reply

Someone posted on the PS USA board (for terms of the 15% off if you have higher than 4.8) that there were only 4 sellers who have that.

Wrong, go back and read the threads, a lot more than 4 Powersellers have posted that they will get the 15% discount and many more will when the calculation changes are put in place.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=2000507488&tstart=80&mod=1201960596911

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000638470&tstart=0&mod=1201998406029

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

hanna_emma
Community Member
I will, but for how long? UGH! I really could care less about the 15% discount. I want the feedback rules to change to be fair and screw the measly 15% bull crap!
Message 24 of 44
latest reply

dreamcoll
Community Member
I haven't met my Powerseller quota, since I started working full time in November & never displayed the Powerseller logo next to my name anyway because I read on several boards where some peeple will not buy from Powersellers.

I've been selling since 1999 or 2000 & I'm really fed up with ebay.

I haven't posted oten on here & I imagine I'll be blocked in the next few weeks after they take my Powerseller status away.

Good luck to everyone.
Message 25 of 44
latest reply

most buyers don't care to buy from PS or not, as long as seller has at lest 10 feedback with +95% and good price, that's all it really matters.

i rather buy from cheap seller with less feedback, than big PS who doesn't even have time to reply emails
Message 26 of 44
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
as long as seller has at lest 10 feedback with +95% and good price, that's all it really matters.

I wouldn't touch a seller with a 10 foot pole that had less than 99%.

Monique

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
We're losing our PS status on all IDs for sure. I'd like to see the PS lounge at eBay live this year...theyll be like 14 people...lol

One thing I am concerned with however, they stated that feedback will only count for 1 yr, what does that mean? Feedback numbers do not count anymore? Just what you have done in the past year?

Moez.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I think you get to keep your totals but the percentage will only be based on the past 12 months.

Who the heck knows for sure though...it's ebay after all. LOL

Monique

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
momosworld-it means that if you get a negetive for example, it will only show as receiving one negetive for twelve months, and then it erases itself and you get to start clean, unlike now, where it will always show that negetive...
Kat
Message 30 of 44
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
#29 is correct

Your feedback number will reflect your lifetime feedback but the percentage and DSRs will be based on the past 12 months.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 31 of 44
latest reply

and for Powerseller qualification and discounts only the last 30 days.

If you are at 99.9 with one neg from 2 years ago you will go back to 100% when the change comes in even if you only have a handful of feedbacks. A lot of sellers with a small number of transactions will no longer be permanently hurt by one or two negs...it's will stll hurt your score for 12 months but that's a lot better than the current situation.

I'm at 99.8, the one neg I have is close to rolling over 12 months even if it doesn't I'll instantly move up to 99.9%. Under the old system I would have needed many thousands of positives to move my score up a tenth of percent.

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

sunshine2426
Community Member
Ebay will not be around for long. I see it in the sales. People are not listing like they used to.Clients are not buying like before. Personally I couldn't care less if I lose it. On to the next business venture.
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Ebay will last long ... even 14-18 months or even a little bit longer. My sales are stable, but really I list less than before. Why? I don't like Ebay anymore. I can't plan anything here - fees and rules change so often, that I don't know what will happen next month. How can I build a good business in such circumstances? I use also another sale venues (in Europe) and - because 80% of my Ebay customers come from US - I will shortly move my store to XXX.XXX. I just started the negotiations. If (IF!!!) Ebay will change something (the new stupid feedback rules!) and (AND!!!) will give more visibility to my store, probably (PROBABLY!!!) I will not close my store here completely. BTW - What's the ..... problem with that? More visibility - more sales - more money! I am able to list 5.000 or 10.000 items but FOR WHAT? To watch them myself on my monitor? C'est pas normal tout ca, vraiment!
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Ebay will last long ... even 14-18 months or even a little bit longer

The Ebay you know is scheduled to be blown to bits in May of 2008.
Message 35 of 44
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
The existing Ebay model is set to clean out you pockets and make you bankrupt.

PAY PAY PAY eBay faithful.

Do the math on your items listed, sales, and actual costs.

Project your sales this year and then go back a year or two. Sales growth has dropped 20% per year.

Is your outlook as over inflated as eBay's poor planning and marketing strategies for 2008.

Fees are higher and sales are lower or non existent.

I hope that you have a life jacket and a good lawyer to file those papers in court for the bankruptcy.
Message 36 of 44
latest reply

margeo29
Community Member
What benefit is there for being a Power Seller? I am a Power Seller and eBay made a deal with 4 US coin grading companies and told me I would be suspended is I didn’t stop grading my coins for auction. There had to be a sweetheart deal made with these grading companies and eBay because they are given links to circumvent eBay to their own web sites from eBay policy pages.
Message 37 of 44
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
If you are shipping something worth $200 why on earth would you use Canada Post?

Monique

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
eBay has fallen into the WALMART idea of THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Not so...

this statement is so true but not for the reasons you think. we, the seller, are ebays customer, not the buyer. the buyer is our customer. a customer is someone who gives money for a service/ product.....thats what we do with ebay...the buyer gives ebay NOTHING!!! so why is ebay pandering to a demographic who arn't even customers??? because they can...there's nothing the seller can do about it, apart from leave.....no company in exsistance provides such a poor service to its costomers and still turns over a massive profit....you gotta take your hat off to em!!!
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
there's nothing the seller can do about it, apart from leave.....

And People will, give it time to sink in.
Message 40 of 44
latest reply