SO HOW MANY OF YOU honestly FEEL YOU MAY LOSE YOUR PS STATUS?

katiusciav
Community Member
...with the new upcoming changes?? do you still think you'll be able to maintain? i know i won't be around for awhile, but just due to not selling, it'll be real interesting to see how many of the current posters here will still be able to post here in six months and on...?
Kat
Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

whoscloset
Community Member
I do think I will maintain my PS status, but I'm really not worried about it either way. I'm expanding the number of baskets in which I hold my eggs. 😉

Monique

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

I'm not worried!

PS or not, I will still be selling if I chose to do so. If not on Bay, then somewhere else.

I made a good living before eBay existed, before the age of Internet and before cell phones were invented.

It will all fall into place...

Xena
Message 3 of 44
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
i'll still be selling too, maybe on ebay again, no one knows the future of the where's its going to be hot or not, but to tell you the truth, i would like to maintain my ps status...and i will miss it when i lose it 😞 (even though they P**S me off!!)
Kat
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

...with the new upcoming changes??

Unless I missed something there have been no changes to the qualifications to be a Powerseller other than the ones announced a few months ago (and they made it easier to qualify).
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 5 of 44
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
recped, PS'ers will also have to have a minimum score of 4.5 in all four DSRs to retain PS status.

Bill

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
From Bill Cobb:

Seller Standards – For PowerSellers

We're also going to raise the bar on what it means to be a PowerSeller – we want the PowerSeller icon to really mean something to buyers and sellers. Given that this program has historically only required a certain level of sales and a 98 percent positive feedback rating, a number of our buyers have complained that there's not a consistently great experience when they're buying from PowerSellers.

We're going to change all that by making PowerSeller status a competitive advantage ... and it all starts with setting a higher bar for sellers using their DSRs.

We're going to give you some time to do this, but starting this July, you will need to have a minimum 4.5 score in all four DSR criteria over a 12-month period to be designated as a PowerSeller (or remain in the program).

Bill

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Well, as I have just finished dropping off my second load of goods, at the Auction House, in Stratford, and got my check for what sold there this past week, It's safe to assume I won't be a powerseller forever. I may not list anything new for awhile, if the live auctions continue to go well.

And Ebay - NO! you don't get 12% of my live auction sales. Or any fees for that matter

Wow, I actually have some shelf space and a floor in my work room. I plan to continue to liquidate my Ebay inventory at live auctions over the next couple of months.

When it's gone, I'm done. I'm going to check back on Ebay this fall and see how many of you are left and how the whole Ebay thing is going by then. But in the short term I've decided to get out.

Then in September, when all of you have 50-75 undeserved negs from phsyco customers on your profile, I'll dust off my tea_past_times page, which will be 100% positive with no negs by then(as they are removing feedback from deadbeats and 12 months or older comments), and enjoy a good sales run in the fall.

I'm hoping that Ebay will lose so many sellers this spring and fall, that they reverse this disaster decision and when I get back to it in September everything will be as it was(except for your profiles I fear, sorry about that.)

-PHIL

-PHIL
Message 8 of 44
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
If you keep letting Ebay get away with such nonsense, the will keep serving up more of the same. Vote with your feet Powersellers. Take a walk. Enjoy the spring and summer. Try something new. Maybe I'll write a book....
Message 9 of 44
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
Then in September, when all of you have 50-75 undeserved negs from phsyco customers on your profile, I'll dust off my tea_past_times page, which will be 100% positive with no negs by then(as they are removing feedback from deadbeats and 12 months or older comments), and enjoy a good sales run in the fall.

geez phil, this isn't like you ]:)

oh man oh man, if you DO write a book, please, please and double please let me know, i will have to read it!
Kat
Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Don't get to exited Kat... I don't think Phil's book will have a centerfold!!!!:^O

Andrew
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
u read my mind buckaroo ]:)
Kat
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

recped, PS'ers will also have to have a minimum score of 4.5 in all four DSRs to retain PS status.

Yes I see that now...shouldn't be too difficult.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Unfortunately, there are a great many PS'ers that won't make the cut. Here are the Canadian DSR numbers (dated from last October but I doubt they have improved much).

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200710.shtml#2007-10-10180054

Based on these numbers its very likely that a minimum of 25% of PS'ers will be removed from the program.

For what it's worth, the US stats are no so much better which contradicts much of what Canadian sellers seemed to be expressing as their major concern with the S/H DSR.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200710.shtml#2007-10-10135549

Bill

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

facestation
Community Member
We will lose our PS staus on all 3 of our accounts. No discounts either.

Stupid Monkey of a CEO
Message 15 of 44
latest reply

I have 4.4 on shipping costs, and 4.3 on shipping time.

I ship by surface unless the buyers pay for air. Most do not, even though I tell them how long it will take.

Sure -- they don't want to pay any more, but they also want it quicker. My little 'DSR' pays the price.

That's alright. I couldn't give a rat's a$$ if I'm a powerseller anymore... I moved away from eBay a year ago (it costs a ridiculous amount to make any little money). I'm phasing out, liquidating and selling all of my inventory off. eBay is no longer a favorable channel to sell product for the average retailer.

Bye! 🙂

John
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Actually, given some thought, I wonder how many high-volume sellers have higher DSRs.

The table of stats shown indicating average DSRs so far are across the board, I'm assuming. I'll bet you that higher volume sellers skew the data towards the middle (less really low and less really high) due to the 'average' expectations of all buyers (which is sad-to-say quite high for most).

It'd be interesting to see a graph of all the DSRs normalized by volume of seller to see how the AVERAGE PER VOLUME is different than the AVERAGE.

John
Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Canadian powersellers are at a disadvantage for the shipping & handling cost. I was looking at some powersellers on this board and we all seem to be around 4.4 to 4.6.

Frederic
Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Actually, given some thought, I wonder how many high-volume sellers have higher DSRs.

LOTS, there is a thread on the US Powerseller board that asked the same sort of question (actually it was who are the powersellers with 4.8), so far several hundred have posted including a surprising number who have mostly 4.9's and many of them have very high overall feedback numbers.

Canadian sellers are at a bit of a disadvantage but that's always been the case long before the stars came on the scene. If you can't deal with it then move your business to the USA.......

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Is that what you did ? :^O
Message 20 of 44
latest reply