September 7th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. This week, the thread will remain open until tomorrow as usual.

One remaining question from last week was, how will sellers' own UPC codes work with the "real" ones? I don't have a specific answer to that question but the Item Specifics team will be putting out more thorough instructions between now and the time after which UPC codes will be made mandatory across more categories on the site.

Open issues:

• Followers list not displaying properly
  • Images missing from Watch List
  • CA Shopping cart erroneously applying free shipping on multiple orders (under investigation)
  • Automotive listings losing images when changing duration to GTC
  • Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place (need examples)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved) - Ticket has gone dormant. Will move off the list until new reports show the issue is still occurring.
  • Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Good Morning Raphael,   I need help.

I have an unusual problem that was discovered by accident, it seems that all the listings that I did on ebay.ca on August 31 and early Sept 1, only show up on ebay.ca even though I have shipping indicated to USA and International.   Also all the listings that I did on ebay.com on those days do not show up on ebay.ca even though I have free shipping to Canada indicated. 

I am giving you a print of both the ebay.ca 1st (just a sample with the item #’s) and then 2nd from .com (just a sample with items #’s)   We are talking about 94 listings only showing up on the site that they were originally listed on.   

1st set ghost.jpg

ghost from com.jpg

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Hi Raphael,

I've noticed that the images in my eBay Watch List are disappearing from time to time (full pages of blank images).

If you refresh the browser they appear or disappear...... sometimes a few images are showing while others are missing.

This has been a consistent issue over the last week or so.... I use Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on my desktop computer.

Thanks,

Derrick

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I've had the same problem for the last few days.

I've had the same issue on Firefox and IE.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

I've experienced it over the last 10 days, so it seems to be an ongoing issue. 

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Hi Raphael

I would like to know why when we send a private email through the boards to the new community staff on .com, that we do not get a reply.

Makes it very difficult to have any faith in the new community.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Good afternoon, Raphael.

I had a new listing go live recently with shipping set (unbeknownst to me) to Worldwide without Exclusions. After I discovered this, I immediately blamed ebay for doing something weird. 

After that, I recanted and blamed myself because I used Sell One Like This from another member's listing for the first time ever and they offered Worldwide shipping without exclusions. But then, when I went back to re-create the error, I could not.

So what was the glitch?

Was it the listing that went live with Worldwide Shipping (no exclusions) because it was new and/or used another seller's Item Specifics as well as their Shipping preferences?

Or the time it did not?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/SELLERS-DOUBLE-CHECK-YOUR-SHIP-TO-EXCLUSIONS/m-p/350036#M...

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Also, it bears mentioning that the new sell-form has an option for Shipping Exclusions again. That is an excellent development. Thank you for taking our concern about its absence to the appropriate team. However, I do still wonder the reason we don't have ability to access user-name watermarks through ebay now. Adding them myself is more time-consuming and the program that I use lacks the capacity to create a watermark that is 50 per cent opaque as per the ebay policy standards. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-all-the-ebay-Watermarks-gone/m-p/349964#M67683 Does this mean my pictures will be yanked for non-compliance? 

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

One final issue and then I will leave you to tend to the concerns of others. I had a buyer from uk ask to open a Remorse Return Request last week which I accepted despite my 14-day return policy having already been elapsed. 

Unfortunately, the funds were immediately frozen in my paypal account as if it was a SNAD claim or INR Claim and not a simple remorse return. 

Exactly why did this occur, and what do I have to do to get this fixed? My paypal account balance should not be frozen for three or four weeks while I wait to see if the buyer decides whether or not to actually return the item. It's an insult to me and assumes I am both in the wrong with this item and not to be trusted as a seller to do the right thing if it actually comes back. Plus, to state the obvious, I need that paypal account balance to pay my ebay fees in a week.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/RETURNS-PROCESS-LEAVES-SOMETHING-TO-BE-DESIRED/m-p/349837...

Thanks,

Maureen 

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Hi Raphael, if a buyer has asked to return an item as not as described then quickly cancels the return because they did it in error (wrong seller) does the return defect drop off automatically or does one have to contact Customer Service to get it removed?

Or does it stay for a year even though it was done in error by the buyer?

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Hello raphael, my Automotive listings did work this time when I changed them to GTC, thank goodness ebay had given me enough free listings that in the long run, it didn't really mater. Just the hassle of having to let them end, and then relist them as GTC.

I am also having the same issue everyone is having regarding the photos, in our watch list, I'm using firefox fyi.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Hello Raphael,

I noticed something that "does not work" ( at least on my site).

The View eBay My World indicates that I have 89 followers and when I press on 89 I am getting the display of 24 squares with followers' codes and few of them with pictures.

Then I press Show more and the system displays again the same 24 names(codes).

And the same again...

I attended another seller's site with over 150 "admirers" and pressed the same links - the system displays only 24 followers and then repeats it again and again.

This information on followers is not of big importance, but I think it should work as long as it is offered to us.

Hope you can do something to correct it.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

Raphael? Come back, come back, we love you. 

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Good Morning Raphael,   I need help.

I have an unusual problem that was discovered by accident, it seems that all the listings that I did on ebay.ca on August 31 and early Sept 1, only show up on ebay.ca even though I have shipping indicated to USA and International.   Also all the listings that I did on ebay.com on those days do not show up on ebay.ca even though I have free shipping to Canada indicated. 

I am giving you a print of both the ebay.ca 1st (just a sample with the item #’s) and then 2nd from .com (just a sample with items #’s)   We are talking about 94 listings only showing up on the site that they were originally listed on.   

1st set ghost.jpg

ghost from com.jpg

Hi musicyouneed,

I tested searching for some of your items on eBay.ca and eBay.com and I see all of them on both sites, both with keyword searches and searching for all your items. Try these links:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/musicyouneed/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/musicyouneed/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

There seems to be 16 more listings showing up on eBay.com,  but for the most part we see the same inventory. I wasn't able to dig through and find the 16 extra listings on eBay.ca, but I would bet if I did we could figure out why. Or, there might be a bug affecting those specific 16 listings (I would never dismiss the possibility of a bug).

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi Raphael,

I've noticed that the images in my eBay Watch List are disappearing from time to time (full pages of blank images).

If you refresh the browser they appear or disappear...... sometimes a few images are showing while others are missing.

This has been a consistent issue over the last week or so.... I use Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on my desktop computer.

Thanks,

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the report. I have opened a ticket so the My eBay team can investigate and fix, + I have added the issue to my own list.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi Raphael

I would like to know why when we send a private email through the boards to the new community staff on .com, that we do not get a reply.

Makes it very difficult to have any faith in the new community.

Hi Dutchman,

I can't say why someone would omit to reply to an email. Even though I do my best to answer all the mail I get, sometimes I miss some. eBay employees who participate in public discussions, especially on eBay.com, are exposed to many, many users and the amount of emails that come in can get a bit overwhelming at times. Maybe use patience and understanding, and if your issue is important and you really need a reply, give it some time and write again?

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Good afternoon, Raphael.

I had a new listing go live recently with shipping set (unbeknownst to me) to Worldwide without Exclusions. After I discovered this, I immediately blamed ebay for doing something weird. 

After that, I recanted and blamed myself because I used Sell One Like This from another member's listing for the first time ever and they offered Worldwide shipping without exclusions. But then, when I went back to re-create the error, I could not.

So what was the glitch?

Was it the listing that went live with Worldwide Shipping (no exclusions) because it was new and/or used another seller's Item Specifics as well as their Shipping preferences?

Or the time it did not?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/SELLERS-DOUBLE-CHECK-YOUR-SHIP-TO-EXCLUSIONS/m-p/350036#M... 

Hi Maureen,

It's hard to know what went wrong after the fact like this. I'd have to try and see for myself. One thing I can say is, I'd advise taking extra caution when using Sell Similar on another seller's listing, as it's their settings and not your own that will be carried over. Also, and this goes for all listings, all parameters should be double checked before publishing. Sorry for stating the obvious, but that's something that should always be done.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Also, it bears mentioning that the new sell-form has an option for Shipping Exclusions again. That is an excellent development. Thank you for taking our concern about its absence to the appropriate team. However, I do still wonder the reason we don't have ability to access user-name watermarks through ebay now. Adding them myself is more time-consuming and the program that I use lacks the capacity to create a watermark that is 50 per cent opaque as per the ebay policy standards. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-all-the-ebay-Watermarks-gone/m-p/349964#M67683 Does this mean my pictures will be yanked for non-compliance?  

The missing shipping exclusions was a bug that has now been fixed. I'll now ask about the watermarks.

In the meantime, have you considered using a different tool for your watermarks? Here is a simple one I found with a quick Google search: http://www.watermark-images.com/ 

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

-..-

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Good Morning Raphael:  

These do not show up on ebay.com.  If you can see them let me know.

Big Joe Turner - Rock 'n' Roll Shakedown

Bill Evans - At the Montreux Jazz Festival

Billy Ocean - Greatest Hits

Bill Douglas - Circle of Moons

Billy Joe Royal - Tell it Like It Is

Bill Lloyd - Set to Pop

Billy Talent

Bill & Gloria Gaither - Sing Your Blues Away

Blackhawk - Greatest Hits

Bob James - Joy Ride

Bob Mintzer - Urban Contours

Bob Florence - Friends Treasures Heroes

Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits

Bob Dylan - Unplugged

Brad Prevedoros - After Hours

Bobby Broom - Modern Man

Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day

Bobby Vinton - Bobby Vinton's Greatest Hits

Bobbi Sherron - Sharring The Dream

Bobby Osborne & Rock Top Express

Bobby Darin - Darin at the Copa

Boney M - Oceans of Fantasy

Boney James - Body Language

Brad mehldau trio - anything goes

Brad Mehldau - Introducing Brad Hehldau

Boz Scaggs - Come on Home

Stay turned for more and then the one I listed on .com that don't show up on .ca

Message 20 of 37
latest reply