Unprofessional seller is threatening to leave negative feedback

Recently after a purchase,the seller reneged on shipping item and I left a negative feedback after several nasty emails from him.

I explained why he received the negative feedback, so he replies that he will try to screw me over by leaving negative feedback as me the buyer.

I think this is unfair.....I left negative feedback for several reasons: his refusal to honour his contract in good faith,and his insults towards me in his emails and his extortion tactics to coerce a "positive" from me when I felt he wasn't deserving and was an unscrupulous seller with questionable practices.

My purpose for leaving the feedback is so unsuspecting buyers are not lured into his questionable practices and do not have to go through the ordeal that I have.........but I will be punished by him as direct retaliation.  

I'm not impressed!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Unprofessional seller is threatening to leave negative feedback

marnotom!
Community Member

You do realize that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers?

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I totally agree with you…Ebay protects sellers NOT buyers. I rec'd a damaged-before-shipped item that cost$150 and the seller could care less. That's why I won't shop Ebay again; I as a buyer for several years have NO protection.
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

ok, he was stating that he could..........and he looks to be a online pawn booker selling everything under the sun.....he seemed to know the system...
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I agree with you but try to open a case before your time is up. The seller led me to believe that he was placing a claim with UPS but he in fact was just wasting my time so that I couldn't open up a claim and give him a negative feedback/rating. I didn't know about opening a case if there was a problem but he did. Ebay doesn't give enough time for this and seller waited until my time had expired; his communication was very bad. He didn't contact UPS because I have clear photos of the collector car he sold me box, packaging and all that proves it was shipped broken. There was NO visible damage to the packaging and he knows he was wrong.
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I'm at a crossroads after ealing with this seller.....not sure if ebay is ok or not.....especially after this seller's behaviour. Retail is more expensive,but at least I don't have to deal with some"ponytailed scam artist"
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

sadly,he has probably done this to other unsuspecting innocent buyers........
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Yes, he probably has…and what I cannot believe is that I cannot contact anyone at Ebay to help me. It's so frustrating but that's because they don't want to deal with this kind of scamming. They only want to protect their sellers. And what I just realized is how unprofessional this 'collector model car' seller is…he not only tries to sell expensive model cars and other collector items…he sells used clothing & shoes!!! Good grief I couldn't believe my eyes!! Totally unprofessional!!!
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I wouldn't be surprised that the ponytailed scam artist that I dealt with has a lengthy incarceration record . And he is a jack of all trades seller too........basically on online pawn shop.....but he gave me some description that he was selling a few personal items to pay for his mom's funeral. I check his seller's list:boats,cars,buses,van's,shire,purses....etc....
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Your reply should be "Bwah hah hah hah hah. "

He can only leave no feedback or positive feedback. If he leaves negative words in a positive feedback, you can Report him and it will be removed. He will also get a Violation on his seller's account.

Empty threats in other words.

Do I understand that you paid and he did not ship?

You should open an Item Not Received dispute. Go up to Customer Support at top right there and open the Resolution Centre.

You have up to 45 days after payment to do that.

If he does not show Paypal a Delivery Confirmation number to prove that you actually have received the item, PP will refund you and go after him for their money. He will also have a Violation on his seller's account.

I hope when you left feedback that you also left the much more important Detailed Seller Ratings. The lowest Rating is ONE Star and if his average drops to 4.3 his ability to list and to sell would be severely restricted.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Silvana

and what I cannot believe is that I cannot contact anyone at Ebay to help me.

After 45 days eBay and Paypal will not help you.

However, PP really is just the processor who keeps your financial information private. Forget PP, go to the credit card you actually paid from and start a chargeback. The 1-800 number for the card's customer service is usually on the back of the card. Credit cards have longer deadlines.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

thank you for the info reallynicestamps.......I'm fairly new to ebay......and haven't experienced a problem with a seller up to this point in time.  I don't think I gave him a low rating in the detailed steps(something I will remember ,though)  overall he has a 94% rating........but I think his extortion tactics have probably worked on several inexperienced ebay buyers like myself.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

his member ID: to see what he is all about.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Hi and thanks reallynicestamps (btw I'm a stamper/scrapbooker as well).
I didn't check with my credit card because mine doesn't have replacement or damage insurance with it. Now it has been 3.5 months since my purchase date.
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

We are not allowed to "name and shame" members on the boards, so this post will probably be removed. Since you left your only negative feedback for him, he is pretty easy to find.

I didn't understand why you thought he was a big time seller, he has very few sales and with a feedback score of 94% will not be getting many more.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply

silvana-- ah well, live and learn. Which given my great age should have earned me a double doctorate by now.

It's probably too late, and you may not have the right type of card, but phone and ask. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@seakayakerbruce wrote:
I'm at a crossroads after ealing with this seller.....not sure if ebay is ok or not.....especially after this seller's behaviour. Retail is more expensive,but at least I don't have to deal with some"ponytailed scam artist"

I usually hang out on the International Trading Board on the .com site, and every so often we get a seller who says they're going to give up on selling to countries outside of the United States because one sale they had with a non-U.S. buyer went south for them.

Can you see the flawed thinking here?  There are how many countries in the world?  How many people in each country?  These sellers want to limit their pool of buyers because of one sale that didn't work out for them (and usually it's not clear the buyer was at fault anyway)?

Why would you want to give up on eBay because of one bad seller?  Would you stop shopping downtown if you had a run-in with one questionable merchant?

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

The OP's case is one that started going wrong because the seller was using GSP but did not seem to know that was the case, and combined with a buyer who also did not know what was going on we had a situation where two blind men fell into an unseemly brawl because neither knew where they were or what was happening.

The rest has been largely baffled vindictiveness.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Hi there, I had somewhat of the same experience but my claim ended up going thru PayPal which was MUCH better. If the item was damaged and was not described as any such damage before you purchased it you are able to file a not as described claim or broken/damaged. I received my full money back plus the shipping cost to return the item, I bought a tablet that was described in new without tags condition. It was supposed to be shipped in the original box. Instead it was sent in poor packaging, the screen wasn't responding after turning it on, I took it to a repair guy and he opened the back and said there was tape, loose cords, multiple sautered wired and the charging port was destroyed. conclusion: refurbished half fast hack job that was being advertised as new out of box to save shipping costs. Don't worry you CAN get your money back if you know what to do and Buyers are DEFINITELY protected as much as possible through ebay and paypal which is why they advise against credit cards or outside purchasing because those aren't fully covered.

Hope this inspires some confidence for you to return 🙂

Briar

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

eBay is okay, it's the sellers that you need to be careful of. If something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and you get a dog in the mail?!?!? tear someone a new one and dont wait! do it the day you receive it. msg seller first upon receiving your item ALWAYS before giving feedback. Then if problem cant be resolved by sending it back and getting it fixed or replaced talk to ebay.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply