Unprofessional seller is threatening to leave negative feedback

Recently after a purchase,the seller reneged on shipping item and I left a negative feedback after several nasty emails from him.

I explained why he received the negative feedback, so he replies that he will try to screw me over by leaving negative feedback as me the buyer.

I think this is unfair.....I left negative feedback for several reasons: his refusal to honour his contract in good faith,and his insults towards me in his emails and his extortion tactics to coerce a "positive" from me when I felt he wasn't deserving and was an unscrupulous seller with questionable practices.

My purpose for leaving the feedback is so unsuspecting buyers are not lured into his questionable practices and do not have to go through the ordeal that I have.........but I will be punished by him as direct retaliation.  

I'm not impressed!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I will be more hesitant,for sure..........if the seller has anything below a 99% .......or negative comments that indicate a good chance of being disappointed over the purchase I will not proceed with the purchase.
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

he had sold several big ticket items.....boat, a bus,and several cars so I assumed he was selling quite a few items. To me ,he seemed to be selling a lot of items.But I haven't looked at many sellers,so he just seemed to be "big time seller" from my point of reference.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

jmul6137
Community Member
I understand your frustration I left a negative but very honest description of why I was not happy with my purchase it brought the sellers perfect rating down a bit which was fare days later I see my feedback has been removed and the seller has a perfect rating again so buyer be where ebay sides on the sellers side and makes sure there ratings stays in tact so we do not get to see what other buyers have experience with sellers unless it is positive feedback
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

According to eBay policy, you have 45 days from the "estimated date of delivery" not payment, to open an Item Not Received case.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@seniorgrognard wrote:

According to eBay policy, you have 45 days from the "estimated date of delivery" not payment, to open an Item Not Received case.

Buyer protection depends on what eBay site the item was purchased on.  ebay.com says 30 days after the latest estimated date of arrival if one is available otherwise 45 days after the payment date on ebay.ca. If the buyer uses PayPal protection, it is 45 days after the payment date.

Confusing mess as to what buyer protection is.

And in November sometime, PayPal is making the 45 days into 180 days which will override any eBay site limits.

ebay.com INR help (30 days)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

eBay.ca Help (45 days)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 25 of 25
latest reply