What is going on with sales?

Why are sales so slow right now - I did better in January than in June! Checked my shipping costs, lowered prices what else can I do? even tried the auction but it was a bust.  I am frustrated!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What is going on with sales?

Join the club! Sales for June have been terrible.

I need to be averaging 2000.00-3000.00 a month and I'm sitting at 695.00 for the month.

I don't expect July/August to be much better with hot summer days ahead, kids out of school and most people in holiday mode.

The only thing you can do is increase your inventory until something sells. That's what I'm going to be focusing on over the Summer months. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For my store ive noticed that June and July are my two slowest months.  When sales are slow for me i use the time to improve listings by taking new photos, editing descriptions, reviewing policies and reviewing prices.  I also use the time to increase my listed inventory.  Stay positive and dont lose sight of your sales goals.  Things will turn around.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

5 sales by far... but not enought.

you're selling nothing i see.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The month began in a promising way for me but we took holidays and I closed for a week for e4he first time in years, and sales have not perked up since I returned. The worst part about that is my store subscription renews in June so I'll be paying double store fees this month. Double whammy with no sales revenue to offset it.

All you can do during the lulls is what you have already done. Check and revise, increase inventory. Keep plugging away.

I don't think it's us, by the way. I think it's an overall lack of traffic to the site. With Best Offer enabled on my listings, I routinely get all kinds of lowball tossed at me that don't result in sales but even those lowballs have stopped which tells me fewer people are shopping, period.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your support all. With the Canadian dollar already so low, asking prices low, and BIN offers so low, it seems like some want it for nothing.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Those are the buyers not worth having.

It is a strange phenomena that the less people pay for something, the harder they are to please for it.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply