What is wrong with buyers after a sale?

I sold a factory sealed game for $55 with free shipping. Buyer is complaining that he paid to much.

Spoiler

Here is what he said:

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"I will return the item if sent."

We all have to deal with such buyers from time to time.

My suggestion assuming the buyer has paid and you shipped: "I am sorry to read you now feel the item is too expensive.  Please return the package, unopened, for a prompt refund upon receipt.  I will ask eBay to cancel the transaction at that time"

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If it hasn't been sent, let them know you can't change the price, but you can send them a cancellation request - make sure to use the "buyer made a mistake or changed mind" cancellation request so you don't get defected and then BLOCK them after they accept the cancellation request. Don't block them too soon.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Negotiators. They are everywhere. They are the ones that pour over lists of ideas of how to get the best deal. To them, it is all about the lowest price. They believe that everything is equal, just the price is different.

Quote something from eBay where they have to return it with tracking. That slows them down.

Do not get into any sort of discussion: "return for refund".

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The worst thing is that he made the offer....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was going to ship it today but I will refund and block for sure.

Thanks for the advice. It is so frustrating.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A Mutual Cancellation gets you your fees back if he agrees or ignores it. He can leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

An Unpaid Item Dispute gets you your fees back if he does not pay. He gets a strike and cannot leave feedback.

Refunding and blocking doesn't get your fees back and he can leave feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Refunding without cancelling the transaction can also cause you to receive a defect as ebay then 'assumes' that the seller refunded because they were out of stock etc. When you do the cancellation, check off that the buyer changed mind/made mistake/ and you will not receive a defect.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply