Will Ebay.ca remove the ability to list in US dollars sometime in the near future

After reading on the boards as well as some of the comments on the weekly board, how many sellers think this will become permanent as it is in all other countries? Only listing in Can dollars on the Canadian site.

Could be an interesting discussion

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Will Ebay.ca remove the ability to list in US dollars sometime in the near future

They may also take away the privilege of being able to double list and getting the TRS discount on what is listed on .com as well as .ca right now.

Anything is possible but I've never heard anyone from ebay suggest that might be a possibility.  There are enough changes to think about, why suggest something that may never happen?

Message 81 of 89
latest reply

Re: Will Ebay.ca remove the ability to list in US dollars sometime in the near future

However, if using "relist" or "sell similar" make sure to check the currency of the listing.  The system is currently (for the last several months) programmed to default to Cdn$, regardless if a seller was using US$ or Cdn$ previously.

I haven't tried it but according to Raphael, using relist does not change the currency. Using sell similar does change it because they treat sell similar as a new listing.  That doesn't really make sense to me because nothing else written on a sell similar listing is changed or deleted but that's what they've said.

Message 82 of 89
latest reply

Who cares what ebay .ca does.I have already listing in ebay.com.THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO KNOW FOR CANADIANS IS (U.S DOLLAR IS $1.25 =TO THE LOWLY CANADIAN DOLLAR OF $1.00.NO BRAINER,BYE EBAY .CA  .THATS A EXTRA  $25.00 ON THE HUNDRED.EBAY.CA JUST FELL OF THE TABLE AND CRACKED.

Message 83 of 89
latest reply

"NO BRAINER"

???

Most experienced Canadian sellers listing in Cdn$ on eBay.ca understand that if an item is worth US$100 in the marketplace, they will list at Cdn$130 - which yield about the same net results - bonus - most Canadian sellers save the 2.5% conversion fee charged by PayPal by receiving Cdn$ instead of US$.

"NO BRAINER", you say.  Think about it.

Message 84 of 89
latest reply

They look at price listed 130 canadian,they won't bid, 100 us lower number ,they bid.YA NO BRAINER. You think about and come back in a month,we'll see.Keep listing in Canadian and make less.

Message 85 of 89
latest reply

"They look at price listed 130 canadian,they won't bid, "

When viewed on eBay.com, the amount will show US$100

You have many listings in Cdn$.  Check them out on eBay.com.  You will see the converted US$ amount which is also used to sort listings on the search result page when buyers require listings sequenced by value.

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5468.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X191903434413.TRS2&_nk...

"Keep listing in Canadian and make less."

I have done so for fifteen years, very successfully I may add!

Message 86 of 89
latest reply

I have another site which I have sold thousand of items on ebay,and most high volume sellers I know have change to ebay .com,we all know you can see both prices US and Canadian dollars on listings that's not new.Your not Yoda from Star Wars far from it.Just stay on Ebay.ca with your nice Canadian Management People.Ebay.ca just fell off the table and cracked,just watch by the end of the year.

Message 87 of 89
latest reply

@padfootmagic wrote:

I have another site which I have sold thousand of items on ebay,and most high volume sellers I know have change to ebay .com,we all know you can see both prices US and Canadian dollars on listings that's not new.

.Ebay.ca just fell off the table and cracked,just watch by the end of the year.

The nice thing about eBay is it gives people the choice. Without the .ca version alot of Canadians would be unhappy that there is nowhere to sell in Canadian dollars. If their bank and credit cards, all pyt methods are set up in CDN, then CDN is what they want.  Other sellers are moving to .com because their items sell better there.  Some sellers are splitting their inventory.  People can list in whatever currency they want if they just go to that site to post their listing.  I think that's the "no brainer". 

Message 88 of 89
latest reply

agree

Message 89 of 89
latest reply