Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

LETS BRAINSTORM on how to circumvent the upcoming FVF's on shipping

As you should all know by now, come July 6th, ebay will be charging FVF's (Final Value Fees) as follows: List on .ca: You'll pay FVF's on the LOWER of: Your least expensive DOMESTIC shipping option (if shipping domestically or internationally) or the...

bronze power seller

Hey! I am wondering why all can't see my power seller symbol..it is only bronze..I just received it yesterday..but it is not seen..how do I activate it?

User avatar by Community Member
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

How to Obtain Police Report. Experiences?

Has anyone had experience getting a Police Report for an international sale and how? Spent about 30 minutes at my local station, without any luck. They said that since it's any International sale, it'd be an RCMP matter & referred me to phonebusters....

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking via foreign country post offices

Probably most are aware but many may not be... Post office tracking numbers can be tracked in most foreign post offices. Of course most are aware that this works on USPS - and you usually get a slightly more detailed breakdown of where the item is in...

IS IT LEGAL FOR EBAY TO MAKE PROFIT FROM SHIPPING?

Is it legal for eBay to make money on shipping costs? It's one thing to pay them for advertising our product on their site and paying them commission fees (fvf) on the sale, but is it legal for them to profit on the shipping portion? How much profit ...

Switching from .com to .ca

After yet another bombshell dropped on us by the people at feebay, I am leaning towards switching all my listings over to .ca where I plan to include the Canadian shipping into my item price and charge the difference to my US and international buyers...

Listings not showing on .com...

I just found this thread on the Selling on eBay board. After checking a bunch of my listings that were started on Mar. 17 & 18, after reading this thread, I only found 1 that was showing up on .com. Link

Tax Preparation for eBay Stores

Just finishing my tax prep for the biz. After printing off the archived sales summaries for each month of 2010 for my eBay stores, I went to Paypal to print off the financial reports for each month to get a fee total for each month. I found Paypal ha...

Fee illustrator to compare changes

http://www.peacetothenations.org/ebay/illustrator2011/index.html I'm not good with numbers, so is this a useful tool, created by a seller in the U.S.? Seems like the sellers on the U.S. board like it. I know it is american, but can we Canadians use i...

US shippers - looking for a code #

I need the HTSUS code for DVD's (movies) I've been plowing through the USITC.gov site for half an hour and I'm pulling out my hair. Ann

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

New "Expedited Parcel USA" shipping label question (Abandon ???)

Hi all, I am not sure about what box to check on the new "Canada Post Expedited Parcel USA" shipping label. There is a new pink section that says : In case of non-delivery, return at : SENDER EXPENSE ( ) OR ABANDON ( ) I don't want to pay the return ...

This buyer is weird!

I sold a locket on eBay and received this message from the buyer on another site on which I sell. "won the auction on ebay for the Butterfly Silver & Copper Locket BUT ebay won\'t accept my debit card without bank confirmation but my bank won\'t do t...

FEE UPDATE TO ENCOURAGE LOW-COST SHIPPING

Can someone explain this to me? How will this work? The way I see it is that as sellers we will now have to pay FVF on shipping charges, which will cut into our ever shrinking profits even more, forcing us to RAISE our shipping charges to off-set thi...

Vacation, here we come

I am burning out and after some nasty episodes with eBay customers, we decided enough is enough and took a last minute deal this morning. By last minute, I mean Monday. Found deal on redtag, but took it to our trusted local travel agency who we were ...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Pay Pal Dispute Interstitial Service Page

Partial post copied from the .com Powersellers Board In talking to our Pay Pal rep today, I found that Pay Pal has stepped up to the plate to allow sellers an interstitial page between the buyer asking to start a dispute and committing to opening a d...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Reported stolen picture and text NO REPLY YET!

Well, I have to admit I am extremely annoyed with eBay. I reported this seller to eBay over 3 days ago for copying my listing word for word and the picture even still has my watermark in it. Ebay still has not responded 3 days later. This buyer has n...

Email Issue

I am experiencing an email problem, and maybe someone can help. When I am responding to questions on my eBay.com store, it either redirects me to my eBay.ca site messaging system, or most times it says that "question is invalid" and wont let me reply...

Paypal is a squeeky Robot !

Paypal whats up with them . I quit selling on ebay 5 months ago .. they are still holding over 50 thousand in reserve of my money (Lost 2k in exchange alone) .. they say after 180 days they will review and MAYBE release ... Like w t h not a dime has ...

It's Friday and I'm on da wine!

Hey guys. Long time since I sat in front of the computer and had time to chat on these boards. Wondering if anybody is into some mindless chit chat ......seeing I can't get out the front door because of all the snow. So much for thinking Newfoundland...

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Kid on the Block

Hi everyone. We just became a first time power seller yesterday. Feel like a rookie just called up from the minors. We don't expect to be around long as we are just a small part time seller but for now we are just proud of our accomplishment. Hope to...

Cheeky customer :)

This one comes from our website, so it's rare jewel (while it's quite common on eBay). I think his response is quite good, so I broke my rule and responded with a teeny bit of hidden irony. This was order to Australia for $2.50 and shipping was $3.50...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

My time is almost up!

Hi Everyone, I have finally ran out of reserves and I do believe that my time here is very limited. So before being locked out.....I wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated my time here....because of each of you. I wish you all t...

OT: Emi, Kaitlyn & MacKenzie at the Carrot River Valley Competition

OT: Emi, Kaitlyn & MacKenzie at the Carrot River Valley Competition 22-Feb-2011 2:50 PM Hi Everyone, It was an ultra busy weekend, Feb 19 - 20th as we traveled to the town of Nipawin, Saskatchewan. It's a beautiful town with the river running through...

What's this all about?

This is a first for me. I received this message from PayPal today. To protect you from problematic transactions, we sometimes request additional information about PayPal payments. We need more information about this transaction. Please log in to your...

Paypal eChecks

Had a lot of echecks lately, and they are a little frustrating. I ship anyway, before payment clears, because of the obvious DSR hit for shipping time if you wait. Still can't believe eBay has a system in place that allows that. Shipping Time DSR's s...

bogus tracking number

I know I have ranted about this before and others have as well, but this is unbelievable.Three emails just this morning regarding this bogus number."Where is my item I checked the tracking number and it doesnt give me any information?".Each one of th...

Feedback updates on FB page..

Does anyone know how often eBay updates the feedback ratings shown on our FB page? My Communication & Description ratings are exactly the same for 30 day, 3 months & 12 months and have been for days. On my FB page it still shows 4.9 for Description b...

Occupational liability insurance for rented office space

We have hired a full-time employee and are moving to a larger office. As part of the lease agreement we need to maintain a mill of liability insurance. Although this sounds easy and straightforward enough, we are having difficulty obtaining coverage ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.