Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Barrie, Ontario

Hi All, Curious if anyone lives in or near Barrie, Ontario....or if you know the area well. I'm looking for RV camping information, or cottage/cabin information...possibly for this summer for 2 - 3 weeks. No tenting as we would be there for a figure ...

canada post shopping comparison site

Hello everyone, Many of you have probably seen the new Canada Post online shopping comparison site, I had attempted to sign up for this site for extra advertising and everything seemed ready to go then I received an email stating because of my affili...

Cannot combined order

I have 4 items bought by one customer and cannot combine them. 3 of them are showing "Send Information" link, but when clicked, it will take me to "Order Details". Cannot do anything there. One of the items has hour glass, which has tip "This item is...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal invoicing/buyer address not shown

When generating the past four PayPal invoices. The buyer address does not appear and it should for various reasons. PayPal tech support has now escalated this issue. I can't believe this has gone unnoticed.

Getting fed up with buyers: FB threats & impatience.

Yesterday & Thursday DH & I exhibited at at maple syrup festival which we do every year. Sales were mediocre but the show is cheap to get into and they have great entertainment. Many of the exhibitors have become very good friends over the years and ...

Need advice re returns.

A U.S. buyer purchased one ring from me in late March. Then she placed an order for 8 rings, all BIN, which were shipped on Apr. 8. Then she sent me an email tonight and made another purchase before I had a chance to respond. She wants to return 6 of...

Unpaid Items On The Rise

Anyone noticing that there are more unpaid items than ever before? I am getting an average of 3 a week now (mostly on items in the 250-700 dollar range). Tons more zero feedback bidders as well. Although UPI's are not a huge issue, they are an inconv...

DSR Warning Message when listing

Has anyone noticed this message when listing? I am trying to find out if I am compliant but the link they give to the selling practice policy does not work. I'm assuming it's popping up on my listings because I do mention "5 star ratings". However, I...

Canadapost shipping rate through paypal is down

Just found today we get more discount to print Canadapost shipping label through paypal. Try to print a shipping label and you'll see. Its just maybe 5% less but it's better than nothing.

WHERE DOES IT END??? WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH?

I sold a Signed Burberrys of London necklace. Purchaser posted negative feedback without warning, saying: "Beware signed by burberrys of London it's not Burberry". Of course its not signed by Burberry, I am selling Burberrys. I asked him to withdraw ...

Private vs Public Feedback

I see some sellers who choose to make their feedback "Private". What are the advantages of doing so? I know that I have set up some items with the "best offer" feature, and wish sometimes that the feedback was private for that item, as I should have ...

Multiple PayPal accounts, Micropayments

I just talked to PayPal and got info some may find worth knowing. Everyone heard about micropayments, it's a way to accept tiny, under $10 transactions ($0.05 + 5%). I don't want to switch my regular PayPal acct. to Micropayments, so I called PayPal ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Country Manager

I received an email from Vincent Payen this morning in my personal email but not in My Messages. There is no link in it but there are 2 phone numbers, neither of which netted any results in a reverse search on 411.ca. There was no eBay logo in the em...

Post disappeared

My post about Terapeak is gone. We will call this phenomenon of vanishing posts. It's Bermuda triangle of eBay board. The posts will reappear in the past or the future. If my post traveled to the past, I would like it to resurface in medieval times. ...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tax Question

Do you charge tax based on the shipping address or the billing address? i.e. If a customer in Ontario buys an item, but has it shipped to a relative in New York, do we charge the Ontario tax rate (13% HST) or no tax at all because it is going out of ...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

re sending an invoice

I sent a buyer an invoice with an error and am having difficulty trying to figure out how to re-send a revised invoice.Any help would be great. Thanks

Selling on consignment

Hi, I have a couple of Ebay stores and have been upholstering for 30 years. I am semi retiring from upholstery ( hands are getting sore ) . I am going to go full time on Ebay and am thinking of maybe selling some items for other people. Anyone with a...

Buyer sends separate USD payment to avoid paying CAD

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? A USA buyer (with over 3,000 positive feedback) purchases from a listing in CAD and then asks me to send him an invoice in USD. I told him I can't send an invoice for USD. Then he asks me to send him in...

Echeck....negative?

When I receive an echeck from a customer, even with zero feedback, I usually just ship anyways. I know we've talked about this before, but I have an echeck payment for an item worth hundreds of dollars. With this much $ at stake, I am reluctant to go...

Is anyone here using Netscape as a browser?

"Netscape Navigator was a proprietary web browser that was popular in the 1990s. It was the flagship product of the Netscape Communications Corporation and the dominant web browser in terms of usage share, although by 2002 its usage had almost disapp...

Canada Post insurance

As of 11/2010 CP now seems to request: Proof of contents value CN22 declaration Proof of postage paid For every single claim. What a PITA. I just include 10 pages of supplier invoices with every claim now (the same ones every time) Seems to work... B...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone Else Experiencing Delays with CanadaPost Mailed Feb 22

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays with items mailed with CanadaPost on Feb 22, after the Monday holiday. I've had enquiries from Buyers in US, UK and within Ontario saying they haven't received their shipments yet & it's been over ...

• 36 replies
  • 0 helpful

Weird

Just sold an item this morning via our eBay.ca store, and received email notification from Paypal of the buyer's payment. I did not receive the standard email from eBay saying "Your eBay item sold! blah blah blah", plus the sale is not showing in My ...

Our girls at the skating carnival

Hi Everyone, Honestly, I don't know why I'm still here! I've been downgraded to Silver status even though I've not sold a thing since the first week of November! Needless to say.....I'm glad to be able to pop in from time to time and share some skati...

Shipping problems

I don't know if anyone can help me on this. When I take an item that didn't sell on auction and then relist on fixed price my shipping changes from standard sizes to metric. The only way I can seem to get around this is to list each item again as sel...

How To Include Size or Color Options

Does anyone know if eBay.ca has the option to include in our listings a dropdown for the customer to choose size or color options? For example if you had a shirt for sale available in three sizes, can you put these choices in a dropdown? I see a few ...

Compliance

Hello all !! Does anybody have an email address for ebay to ask them if some listings that i want to put up comply ? Thanks

How to Check Efficacy of Combined Shipping Rules?

I've been playing around with automated combined shipping rules in an effort to forestall some of the trigger-happy multi-item buyers out there who pay each invoice before I can issue a combined one. Is there any way to check whether listings created...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 36 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.