bubble jet envelopes

does anyone have a good lead for buying the envelopes really cheap?

located near toronto

thx

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: bubble jet envelopes

I cannot speak to pricing but I use Uline exclusively for boxes now that Staples has retired all of the sizes I require. They have very quick dispatch and very good customer service but the cost of shipping via courier is astronomical for things like boxes and bubble wrap which are heavy and bulky. 

Message 21 of 39
latest reply

Hi Sylvie, I can't say for sure, Uline was the only company I found that had white paper covered bubble envelopes so I haven't compared.

I suggest calling them 1-800-295-5510 and asking how much the final price is for the envelopes and shipping....they'll tell you that before you have to committ....

Message 22 of 39
latest reply

Thanks ricarmic

mjwl2006 ,  The shipping issue is exactly why I stopped comparing U-Line prices.

I thought I was missing something but you seem to be saying that shipping is never free.

Staples has free shipping for orders over $45 and without free shipping U-line can't compete with their prices as far as I can see.

Message 23 of 39
latest reply

Right. I cannot compare pricing or comment on pricing because Staples simply doesn't carry the boxes I need. They discontinued the sizes I require, for some reason I don't understand. (I was most upset.) It also seems odd to me that only one company in Canada, Uline, stocks a small cardboard box for shipping. There have to be other choices, perhaps more local to me, yet I cannot seem to find them. I might have to put in a custom order somewhere but that's maybe looking at a quantity I don't necessarily want to have on-hand. I haven't done the research required.

Message 24 of 39
latest reply

I get the best deals on KIJIJI!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only suckers pay full retail.

Message 25 of 39
latest reply

Oh, kijiji. I'm glad it works for you but when I'm sourcing something as important as shipping supplies, I don't have time to dance for nickels. I always run out of boxes at Christmas. Selling toys, with no time to spare. Plus, used cardboard boxes don't interest me much since their structural integrity can be comprised by repeated uses. My items are not generally fragile but I cannot spend fifteen minutes measuring every flattened cereal box in the house to see if it fits my needs.  

Message 26 of 39
latest reply

I order from both Uline and Staples. With Uline you can get some good deals depending on what you are getting shipped and in some case it does work out less expensive than Staples.  If I order a couple of sizes of boxes and a couple of boxes of bubble mailers, the price may work out  less or comparable to Staples. But adding one bubble wrap to that order can dramatically raise the shipping cost.

Quite often  both companies have the item that I want but Staples only sells it in packages of 10 and Uline sells it in a box of 200. Even when paying shipping the larger quantity from Uline usually costs less. 

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

i never buy used shipping supplies its always brand new items and you have a whole year to prepare for the christmas rush and still you run out .... hmmm

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

@dreamturtle.ty wrote:

i never buy used shipping supplies its always brand new items and you have a whole year to prepare for the christmas rush and still you run out .... hmmm

Then perhaps the meaning of your original comment on the thread was not clear. We're talking about where to get the best prices on shipping supplies and you said and I will quote directly "I get the best deals on KIJIJI!! Only suckers pay full retail" so that lead me to believe you were telling us that kijiji is your source for shipping supplies unless you're now still saying it is and that you get all your shipping supplies NEW from someone on kijiji at which point I will reiterate, I don't have time to hustle people at Christmas to get more boxes and, yes, as hard a time as you might have accepting that fact, allow me to elaborate:

I have boxes piled to my ceiling in September and they are depleted by the end of November. The only way to avoid that would be to rent an off-site locker to hold boxes and if I have to do that, I might as well leave those boxes at uline until I actually need them. Sell toys on ebay at Christmas and you may gain insight into how busy it gets during my Christmas rush. My own family celebrates our Christmas sometime in the week that follows Dec. 25 because I cannot start my own shopping until Christmas Eve. 

Message 29 of 39
latest reply

Easy. I don't have the time to drive to London, Ontario from Winnipeg in December? but I suppose to anyone who lives in the Toronto area with time on their hands, this might be a worthwhile investment of time. 

Message 30 of 39
latest reply

I would never have thought of Kijiji.

I just emailed someone about a listing there.  You're right.  Can't beat some of those prices.

Thanks for posting that.

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

I buy my envelopes from this person: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/500-6x10-0-CD-DVD-Kraft-Bubble-Mailer-Padded-Envelope-/300925027347?hash=item.... Their prices are much cheaper than the person on Kijiji you mentioned, plus they have free shipping to Canada!

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 32 of 39
latest reply

It doesn't appear the seller ships the item in question to Canada at all, never mind free. The abbreviation for California is sometimes confused with Canada. 

Shipping:
May not ship to Canada Read item description or contact seller for shipping options.
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Right!

I've always found that looking for bubble envelopes on line (eBay) is a pointless search.

They're difficult to find in Canada and U.S. shipping cost makes them far too expensive.  I've only succeeded once and I don't even look anymore.

At a glance, eBay supplies might actually work out OK as long as shipping is free.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

Free is good. It annoys, me however, that the ebay-branded envelopes I looked at were ebay.com branded. If they put ebay.ca on it and I might go for it. 

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Just because you see a listing on .ca, doesn't mean that you are seeing the shipping price to Canada. You have to change your location in the shipping tab to Canada to see the correct shipping cost.

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Sylviebee, do you have an item number for those poly envelopes?  I can't find it on their website.

I have ordered from both U-Line and Canada Mailers.  Their merchandise is good quality but I find their delivery charges are too steep.  Staples ships for free.

I don't like the Dollarama ones; they're not very sturdy and not good for breakable or crackable items (CD's) but good for paper items.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Yes, and they're still on sale.  Cost was $77 after taxes for 250 pieces.

These are the nice strong water proof plastic bubble envelopes.  I like these because than can hold more than paper mailers of the same size.  They're also lighter and for items which are borderline weight they save shipping costs.  I always use these for over-seas orders.

Item Name
Price
Qty.
Subtotal

DC XPAKMLR #0 6X10 250/CS

Item: 688340
$68.16
$68.16

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

Yes, and they're still on sale.  Cost was $77 after taxes for 250 pieces.

These are the nice strong water proof plastic bubble envelopes.  I like these because than can hold more than paper mailers of the same size.  They're also lighter and for items which are borderline weight they save shipping costs.  I always use these for over-seas orders.

Item Name
Price
Qty.
Subtotal

DC XPAKMLR #0 6X10 250/CS

Item: 688340
$68.16
$68.16

Thanks a lot!  This is a good price for 250. With 13% Manitoba tax ... 31 cents a piece.

Message 39 of 39
latest reply