eBay tape has been listed!

xeposter
Community Member

It looks like 'ebayshippingsupplies' listed some tape!

Lol, it sold out so quickly, that I didn't even see it when it was active...http://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-BOPP-Packaging-Tape-6-Rolls-75-yards-per-roll-/252350245880.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: eBay tape has been listed!

How did the subject get changed to YouTube videos!?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Personally I am against Ebay getting into shipping supplies or any sales of items on Ebay. Since when has Ebay decided to be the competitor. If they can be even called competitors . They have complete access to this site to do however they please. Will they even go as far as exclude any other shipping material from their site?

Ebay needs to stop finding stupid ways to make money and concentrate on getting buyers to the site. Seeing stickers on packages isnt it.

I am sure that the shipping supply sellers on Ebay are not impressed. I will continue to buy from the sellers I have always purchased my needs from.

Ebay, worry about Ebay. Leave selling to the sellers

What's next, Stamps?

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

"What's next, Stamps?"

eBay already does that.... in competition with many stamp dealers who offer lower postage cost than eBay charges. Smiley Happy 

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

Personally I am against Ebay getting into shipping supplies or any sales of items on Ebay. Since when has Ebay decided to be the competitor. If they can be even called competitors . They have complete access to this site to do however they please. Will they even go as far as exclude any other shipping material from their site?

Ebay needs to stop finding stupid ways to make money and concentrate on getting buyers to the site. Seeing stickers on packages isnt it.

I am sure that the shipping supply sellers on Ebay are not impressed. I will continue to buy from the sellers I have always purchased my needs from.

What's next, Stamps?

Too late. I already made one. 😉

Stamp.png

Sorry, I just had to do it! Smiley LOL

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

What's next, Stamps?

I don't think it's a great idea, but it's mostly a low risk marketing play by licensing the name. The piling of coupons/discounts towards said supplies is a bit misguided however. Hopefully they don't go down the Amazon road of using sales data to undermine and undercut sellers via licensing or private label plays.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Awwww - sweet Amy - gone too soonWoman Sad

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

If it's ever available in Canada I wouldn't buy it even if it was free. Why should I tell Customs that my item is not really a 'gift'... 😉

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

This tape is way overpriced! I get mine for CAD $1.15 per roll at Dollarama. If all their packing supplies are like this, their $25 coupon will be worthless, even in US funds.

It works out to US$2.00 per roll for 75 yards each, which is about 68 meters.  How long are the Dollarama rolls?

I am not sure how long they are. I have one roll in front of me, but the paper protecting it (and probably where the length is written) has been removed since I'm using it. 😉 I will have to buy other rolls to be sure about this.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

Hmm...Dollarama is the brand of the tape, correct?

I did a Google and eBay search for it, but didn't get anything..

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Hmm...Dollarama is the brand of the tape, correct?

I did a Google and eBay search for it, but didn't get anything..

Alex

No.  Dollarama is a store.  They sell different brands.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply

Oh, and I take it Dollarama sells the tape everyone is talking about?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

It's a dollar store chain. (Surprise! What might have given that away?)

I was surprised that they have over 1000 stores across the country.

Like any dollar store, they sell whatever they get their hands on. There is no reason to expect that any given item in the dollar store will ever be seen again, since many of their products are end of lines, last year's stock, job lots, or confiscated merchandise (police auctions, customs auctions).

Sometimes the tape is okay, sometimes it is hopeless.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Sometimes the tape is okay, sometimes it is hopeless.

Depends on what kind of tape you are buying. Personally, I never had a problem with their packing tape (the big large one - I think the brand is Duramax - but can't verify since I'm currently at work). I always buy it there. 😉

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

I used to buy my tape at a store too...until I found I could cut the price in half by buying all my packing supplies on eBay. 🙂

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

The majority of eBay sellers who sell shipping supplies are in the U.S.  Some of them have great prices until you add on shipping to Canada. You may find it cheaper to buy them on eBay but that doesn't mean  that all sellers are in the same situation.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

Cheap packing tape or any kind of Dollerama tape doesn't stick properly...it will peel off in heat or cold and doesn't hold packages tight. I find you have to use double the tape. I just buy Scotch Packing tape when it's on sale at Staples....That stuff seals and sticks...and the their cutter works better!

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

I bought Dollar Store tape, does not stick and peels off. Best tape I ever had was found in a box at the cardboard  recycling center when I was scrounging for small clean used boxes. Two rolls of unused tape, extra long, thick plastic too. Sticks well. Have one roll left.

I also bought a roll of tape at the Canada Post retail outlet one time. I needed tape and did not bring it so I bought a roll for $3+. Very good tape. Still have it as I use little packing tape.

I recycle grocery bags, the heavy Kraft paper kind. I cut into strips from 1 to 3 inches wide. I use white school glue (no-toxic so safe for people) to put my paper tape to the small boxes I have. Strong enough for a small box going light Packet or Small Packet or even Expedited Parcel.

I use "discount" postage for mailing saving postage costs. Paper tape lets me put postage "lick" stamps on the tape too giving me more room for lower value stamps on the package.

I try to use paper packing material and make an all "green" package with package and packing material and label and stamps all paper which can be fully recycled.

I know this "green" idea may seem silly to do but it costs me a little effort and time but I like to save the planet a little bit at a time. I try to practice the Reuse, Reduce and Recycle as much as is reasonably possible.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

I use my tape two ways, the normal sealing way, and I also use it to tape the address on the parcel (I cut out and use the address right off the paypal payment email, that way I avoid my typos etc).

I always use 2.2 mil tape, anything less seems to have problems. Brands wise, I've stuck with Staples for years, just wait till it is on sale then I get the double thick rolls (have to use a special cutter for them as they are so thick).

The eBay tape isn't any good for my address sticking so I probably won't use it. I am hopeful that their bubble envelopes, some at least, appear to be paper covered which is great!

I also try to recycle material too. My cardboard inserts are from cereal boxes, my "stuffing" is recycled Xmas and birthday paper, plastic bags (not shopping bags I use them as stuffing) are reused to seal my sendings inside plastic (stamps and water/humidity don't mix).

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I use my tape two ways, the normal sealing way, and I also use it to tape the address on the parcel (I cut out and use the address right off the paypal payment email, that way I avoid my typos etc).

I always use 2.2 mil tape, anything less seems to have problems. Brands wise, I've stuck with Staples for years, just wait till it is on sale then I get the double thick rolls (have to use a special cutter for them as they are so thick).

The eBay tape isn't any good for my address sticking so I probably won't use it. I am hopeful that their bubble envelopes, some at least, appear to be paper covered which is great!

I also try to recycle material too. My cardboard inserts are from cereal boxes, my "stuffing" is recycled Xmas and birthday paper, plastic bags (not shopping bags I use them as stuffing) are reused to seal my sendings inside plastic (stamps and water/humidity don't mix).

?

Paper covered? Do you mean the unpadded polyjacket envelopes...or did I miss something?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

This is silly, and I know it:

When I buy, as long as my items reach me in the same condition they were shipped in,  packaging is not on the list of things I care about.

However, in general, buyers are easily influenced by meaningless frivolousness like packaging.

You can package a rusty tin can in glitz and glam, and the average buyer will be more likely to see a gem when the box is opened.

eBay tape screams of kitsch and trash and devalues what's inside the box.

For that reason I would never use this tape.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply