50% UPS Brokerage fee????

kazoobers
Community Member
I bought an item that was $99.95 US. The Seller charged me $16.00 for UPS standard shipping to Canada.

The package arrived and here is a Brokerage C.O.D. due to UPS for $54.17. What a rip! The seller said nothing about additional fees due IN ADDITION to the $16.00 I paid him for the shipping. By looking under Help in eBay, I see there is nothing I can do about it.
The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
Bobby Heenan
Message 1 of 950
latest reply
949 REPLIES 949

so keep on fighting it and enjoy it.. myself, i prefer to buy from sellers that ship postal service ...
Photobucket

Message 341 of 950
latest reply

As do I, my friend, as do I.

But I do enjoy a good rant now and again!! (maybe I should cut down on the coffee) 🙂
Message 342 of 950
latest reply

mebbe....
Photobucket

Message 343 of 950
latest reply

canuck--you have bought 1 item in the last 3 years
Message 344 of 950
latest reply

canuckaloo
Community Member
he's frugal

B-)

Message 345 of 950
latest reply

i have a buying id..... think about it eh.... i've got nearly 12000 transactions buying and selling since 1998 ...
Photobucket

Message 346 of 950
latest reply

see that is what worries me people that have more than 1 e-bay account---I always wonder WHY THEY NEED MORE THAN 1_--it used to be against e-bay policy-how can someone get banned when they have SEVERAL acounts??????????
Message 347 of 950
latest reply

- when was it against ebay policy

- what is your problem with a posting ID, a selling ID, and a buying ID?

- feel free to disregard any possible helpful advice that a 9 year user of eBay can give you

:)
Photobucket

Message 348 of 950
latest reply

that is how "shill" bidding started with people haveing a "selling" account and a "buying" account and a "???" account what are people trying to hide having buying and selling and"??" accounts ..
Message 349 of 950
latest reply

kazoobers
Community Member
Off topic, but I agree.. a person should only need one account on eBay. What useful purpose is it to have one for buying and one for selling?
The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
Bobby Heenan
Message 350 of 950
latest reply

coinsnmore2007
Community Member
Buying christmas gifts that you don't want anyone to know about.

Selling stuff that you don't want anyone to know about (Adult items, etc.).

Posting on discussion boards where you want to remain anonymous.

Just to name a few. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lance
Photobucket
A woman's legs are her best friends, but sometimes best friends have to part.
Message 351 of 950
latest reply

pyro_nemesis13
Community Member
Well I just had to supply my own KY when I got my UPS bill in the mail. So I buy an item off ebay for $48 plus another $35 for shipping. That was fine with me cause on a item I bought in the past (though fedex) that was over $100 I only paid like $15 when it was at the boarder. I had received a phone call telling me they needed the fee before it could be cleared. No problem there. What i'm mad about now with UPS is this. Like I said I paid $48 for the item, then $35 shipping. TWO WEEKS AFTER I signed for the package I get a letter in the mail from UPS saying I owe them $37.35. WTF? Well this forum has helped me so far and am looking into this Poyner Baxter lawsuit against UPS. And am going to spread the word of this SCAM.

And to canuckchat. saying "business folks.. business" ......you know, Enron was just a business too....
Message 352 of 950
latest reply

Petro Canada is a business ... Esso is a business ... DHL is a courier business ... GM is a business ... Shred-It is a business ...

so whats your point???
Photobucket

Message 353 of 950
latest reply

sysfixr
Community Member
"And am going to spread the word of this SCAM"

onward corporal chaos!! yaaaay!

:|

Seasons Greetings !

Message 354 of 950
latest reply

... while you're at it... do something about those gas prices, wudya?
Photobucket

Message 355 of 950
latest reply

gsr63
Community Member
From what I can see, nobody here has ever tried to answer these two questions -

h) I guess the question is - what should the UPS brokerage fee be? If you're getting a better service (sometimes) - then should it be a percentage of the value of the shipment? i.e. 10% So, you buy a $300.00 item, you pay $30.00 brokerage? You buy a $99.00 item, you pay $9.90 brokerage? Or, what should the percentage be?

i) Or, should it be a flat rate like $20.00 or something - regardless of value?
Message 356 of 950
latest reply

sysfixr
Community Member
From what I can see, nobody here has ever tried to answer these two questions -

h) I guess the question is - what should the UPS brokerage fee be? If you're getting a better service (sometimes) - then should it be a percentage of the value of the shipment? i.e. 10% So, you buy a $300.00 item, you pay $30.00 brokerage? You buy a $99.00 item, you pay $9.90 brokerage? Or, what should the percentage be?

i) Or, should it be a flat rate like $20.00 or something - regardless of value?

as far as I know? no-one here is the president/ceo/owner of UPS - that's who you need to dictate your terms to ... yapping and flapping on a chat-board isn't likely to accomplish much, other than waste peoples time thinking about such nonsensical drivel

I don't like dropping hammers on my foot, therefore I don't
I don't like eating raw liver, therefore I don't
You don't like UPS? ... DON'T USE THEM!!

Seasons Greetings !

Message 357 of 950
latest reply

IF only receivers of goods were PROPERLY INFORMED ABOUT grossly inflated brokerage fees by UPS, eh?

Then they could make an INFORMED DECISION about what shipping company to use. Oh wait. The receiver of goods in Canada DOES NOT contract the shipping company. They do not enter into a contract with them. THE SHIPPER OF GOODS does. But the receiver of goods ends up paying the fees that THEY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT, nor should they be expected to know about these poorly explained fees.

It's only once they have been burned by UPS that they say "never again will I buy from a company that uses UPS to ship"

sys.fixr, you say "You don't like UPS? ... DON'T USE THEM!!"

I NEVER USED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE SHIPPER OF GOODS DID. I NEVER HAD A BUSINESS CONTRACT WITH UPS.

Why do I go on? I guess for the same reason I warn people about the Nigerian Scam emails. I don't want innocent people to get ripped off. I don't consider scam emails as "just doing business" either.
Message 358 of 950
latest reply

h) i can not tell a company what to charge; can you tell Walmart to sell you that widget for 10cents when it is marked $20.00????

i) i can not make a decision for a company that they should or should not charge a flat rate regardless of value of item
Photobucket

Message 359 of 950
latest reply

pyro_nemesis13
Community Member
Petro Canada is a business ... Esso is a business ... DHL is a courier business ... GM is a business ... Shred-It is a business ...

so whats your point???

I'm sure if you take a few minutes and look over all your posts you'll understand the point. For someone who proclaims to be a person who knows it all by what you say in your posts i'm surprised you even need to ask my point. its pretty plan and simple. Then again sometimes it takes certain people the extra time to figure out the simplest of things.
Message 360 of 950
latest reply