50% UPS Brokerage fee????

kazoobers
Community Member
I bought an item that was $99.95 US. The Seller charged me $16.00 for UPS standard shipping to Canada.

The package arrived and here is a Brokerage C.O.D. due to UPS for $54.17. What a rip! The seller said nothing about additional fees due IN ADDITION to the $16.00 I paid him for the shipping. By looking under Help in eBay, I see there is nothing I can do about it.
The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
Bobby Heenan
Message 1 of 950
latest reply
949 REPLIES 949

who is rms?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 581 of 950
latest reply

ocubieo
Community Member
im not sure what rms is but i called and i think it's part of UPS.
Message 582 of 950
latest reply

okay... i see some kind of connection.. maybe its the french side of ups....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 583 of 950
latest reply

I got 1 about a year ago--never responded and never heard back from them-- not my fault the driver dropped it off without collecting
Message 584 of 950
latest reply

aayala555
Community Member
ok so basically if ur canadian buying from america UPS is bad and USPS is good,,, and canada post is good throughout canada?
Message 585 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
Congratulations! You've been paying attention before bidding! Yes.

Re post: expedited means a signature is required, insurance is optional since you are covered by paypal, check the seller's feedback before bidding, push for USPS standard rather than priority since priority doesn't make a difference once it crosses the border.

Fedex and UPS can't charge their brokerage if an item is less than $20 in value, that figure may have gone up to $30 but nobody has provided a solid link for that yet.
Message 586 of 950
latest reply

gowns_for_u
Community Member
We sell a lot to our Canadian neighbor because of the weak US dollars. We ship almost exclusively using UPS. None of our customers complain. It is because we send our items using UPS Expedite Service. That means we pay for the brokerage fee and not the receiver. Sure, the post office is about $10 cheaper than UPS. However, USPS is not very reliable from our past experience.
Message 587 of 950
latest reply

gowns_for_u
Community Member
R.M.S. is a debt collection agency, I believe.
Message 588 of 950
latest reply

gowns_for_u
Community Member
Something strange....

Does anyone know if an US receiver will be charged a brokerage fee to receive a package from Canada using UPS Standard service?

The reason I asked is because a customer of mind returned a couple of dresses to me using UPS Standard service. I was never charged a brokerage fee. The only thing different was that she put "defective US merchandise" on the customs form.

So, I wonder if I put "defective Canadian merchandise" on the form intentionally and send a package to Canada using UPS Standard service, would the Canadian recipient be charged a brokerage fee?
Message 589 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
I dunno, send me something for free - I'll help you find out!

Actually, I think it's because of the NAFTA regulations that allow for items made in North America to be traded freely. I have asked sellers in the past to ship goods marked as Made in USA, when it was in fact Made in USA.
Message 590 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
By the way, under circumstances other than ebay I have had goods shipped back and forth across the border without duties payable or brokerage fees, but only with Fedex,and only for items that were on temporary loan or for review by a customer or client. There's paperwork that needs to be filled out and the items are tracked for return.
Message 591 of 950
latest reply

That would make sense if the item was not going to be staying within the country for there to be no duty or tax.

Have received goods via Fedex in the past (pre eBay days) and paid brokerage plus tax plus duty (back in the olden days) on the items.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 592 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
You can also dispute customs and duties charged, but it requires easy access to a customs office.
Message 593 of 950
latest reply

gowns_for_u
Community Member
Hey BUMP2K,

OK, let's try it once. I will send you something for free, just to check out the theory.

Send me a message with your address.

Thanks.
Message 594 of 950
latest reply

bangmeplz
Community Member
Whatcha got to send free?

I'll help. 😄
Message 595 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
Sounds good in theory, gowns, but who's going to pay the brokerage fee for the defective goods if it doesn't work?:-D
Message 596 of 950
latest reply

I PURCHASED A MUFFLER FOR ONE OF MY LOADERS IN 2003, WELL BEFORE EBAY. I ORDERED THE PART USING THE TERM "UNIT DOWN" WHICH IN THE EQUIPMENT BUSINESS MEANS EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS. AND OF COURSE THAT PART CAN BE DELIVERED ESSENTIALLY ON THAT NEXT AVAILABLE TRANSPORT, AND ARRIVING ASAP. THE MUFFLER AT A COST WAS ABOUT 500.00CAD. IT LEFT FROM HOUSTON TEXAS THAT VERY NEXT MORNING. I DID NOT SEE THAT MUFFLER, IRONICALLY IT HAPPENED TO BE THE LAST ONE ON THE FRIGGIN CONTINENT, FOR THE BETTER PART OF TWO WEEKS. THIS MUFFLER WHICH WAS TIO HAVE ONE STOPOVER, MINNEAPOLIS. IT NEVER SAW MINNEAPOLIS. IT WENT ON A JOURNEY TO TAMPA THEN TO NEW YORK ON TO DETROIT OVER MINNEAPOLIS TO DENVER TO WINNIPEG. UPS WAS THE CARRIER, THEN THEY HED THE BALLS TO TRY TO INVOICE US ANOTHER 326.OO. NEVER PAID..... I HAVE COINED UPS PHONETICALLY AS OOOOOPS! WRONG CITY. I SWORE I WOULD NEVER AND TO THIS DAY HAVE NEVER USED THEM FOR ANY SERVICE. BUT MY SELLER WHICH I BOUGHT AN ITEM A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO SHIPPED HAPPILY UPS*^%$*T I'LL LET YOU KNOW
Message 597 of 950
latest reply

sysfixr
Community Member
ouch - hey fox 🙂 FYI - typing in caps indicates shouting, when online.
Also, farbeit for *me* to be sarcastic, but this is what all that looks like to me-
А я покупал глушителя для одного из моих погрузчиков в 2003 году, задолго до EBAY. Я приказал части использования термина "единица вниз", который в оборудовании бизнеса означает именно то, что он говорит. И, конечно, что часть может поставляться в основном на том, что следующей имеющейся транспортной, и прибывающих в ближайшее время. В глушителя на А стоимость составляет около 500.00CAD. Он слева от HOUSTON TEXAS, что очень следующее утро. Я не видел, что глушителя, по иронии судьбы это произошло как в прошлом один на FRIGGIN континента, на протяжении большей части двух недель. THIS глушителя который был TIO одна остановка, MINNEAPOLIS. Он никогда не видел MINNEAPOLIS. Он пошел по пути А к TAMPA затем NEW YORK на DETROIT над MINNEAPOLIS к DENVER к WINNIPEG. ИБП был перевозчиком, то они HED шариков, чтобы попытаться еще один счет-фактура США 326.OO. NEVER PAID ..... Я имею дымке ИБП фонетически, как OOOOOPS! НЕПРАВДА ГОРОД. Я поклялся я бы никогда, и по сей день, никогда не использовали их для какой-либо услуги. Но мой продавца, которые я купил пункта А пару дней назад отправлены счастливо ИБП *^%$* Т я вас знаем

Sentences, and *occasionally* hitting the Enter key,

would make reading your posts much easier

Да?

my *other* witty comment is on my bumper sticker
Message 598 of 950
latest reply

bump2k
Community Member
You got further than me. I need upper and lower case to visually separate words.
Message 599 of 950
latest reply

zen.harmony
Community Member
Nice Russian, sys!

Is that a literal translation? lol

Message 600 of 950
latest reply