China and other Sellers with 0 to little feedback Sell a super expensive at super crazy cheap ( Scam

hdsnow
Community Member

I asked this before and can't find it. Super Expensive items being sold for Crazy low price by 0 or very little feedback sellers. Other than the waste of my time, how are they ripping off e-bay OR pay-pal? And it is not just China like the last two I purchased from and got nothing .

DEWALT DCBL722P1 20V MAX XR Li-Ion Handheld Blower Kit (5 Ah) New
Condition:
New

Quantity:
0 available / 5 sold
Yet They have 0 feedback?
Price:US $34.68                                                    This item's value is well  over $200.00 US

I got nothing and e-bay is going to deal with it.   Not fair to me for the wait but, Unfair to them being ripped off. Those Insurance costs get passed onto you the seller, in fees

Then There is this one, They have sold nothing , have no feedback

yet somehow have a 6 on score and no rateing???  How? 

DEWALT DCB606 20V/60V 6.0Ah Lithium-ion Battery NEW | eBay  

DeWalt 20V XR 8AH Battery NEW | eBay 

DeWalt DCB205 20V Li-Ion 5.0Ah Battery | eBay 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: China and other Sellers with 0 to little feedback Sell a super expensive at super crazy cheap (

marnotom!
Community Member

@hdsnow wrote:

I asked this before and can't find it. . .

Here ya go:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/Has-there-been-Fake-China-sellers-with-0-feedback-sellin...

@hdsnow wrote:

Then There is this one, They have sold nothing , have no feedback

yet somehow have a 6 on score and no rateing???  How? 

I see seven feedback comments that date back from over a year ago.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: China and other Sellers with 0 to little feedback Sell a super expensive at super crazy cheap (

When you see only very old FB on an account with a high value listing at a ludicrous price, the account was probably hijacked.

There is on the right side of the listing, just before the Description (and after the ads for similar items from other sellers) a REPORT link.

EBay will, at best, send a polite thank you for the report, because you might be a competitor, or a vigilante, or just wrong, but if you put the item on your Watch List, you are likely to find it gone within hours.  (Fingers crossed.)

You are right. It's not just China. In fact, it is less likely to be Chinese sellers than Russian (former Soviet bloc) scammers. Basically look for any country that does not have Rule of Law. And the hijacked account is probably American, if only because there are more US eBayers than any other nationality.

Most eBayers never find the Boards, and posters here are members like yourself, perhaps a little more lonely and bored.

The REPORT button is the way to put eBay on notice of a problem listing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

... regardless, at those prices only a fool would rush to part with his money to buy obvious knockoffs.

It's not like either scenerio hasn't been discussed ad nausium.

This forum is full of complaints of deals too good to be true, and people screaming scam, fraud, and wanting to sue something.

Most could have been avoided, had common sense prevailed.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply