Global Shipping Program(sucks)

Does any USA stores Care that GSP is charging U$20 or more for shipping to Canada? Many,many times there is a very reasonable priced item I would like to purchase,Then the dreaded GSP The three headed Dragon shows U$2O+ for shipping for a U$1.99 Card(**bleep**). Do you not care that say 2/3 of your items or more all Canadians will not BUY! I deal with the very few store that Do Not use GSP? They send the same item for U$1,2,3 or free Shipping.I have discussed this with some GSP users. They say it makes easy as they do all the shipping work(I say) Get off your lazy butts,Lick a stamp and mail(It's just that easy) Thanks

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Global Shipping Program(sucks)

Absolutely right , global shipping is the worst thing that has ruined ebay for Canadian buyers . A couple of days ago I purchased a small  item from the US . Shipping was $26 US plus there was a charge of $12 US for GST . Since when do you pay Canadian taxes on items from the US . Just another way ebay rips Canadian customers off on shipping . I purchase on Amazon whenever I can , their shipping is a fraction of ebays and often is free . 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

You evidently have been out of the loop for a while, or just not reading news/facts.

A - The GSP is being retired, old news

B - You pay Canadian taxes on items on ALL  online purchases no matter where they come from, this was announced in your 2021 Canadain Budget. So you can blame your elected officials the ones you put in power for that TAX gift, eBay is just following the CRA tax rules...

Like I said PDNR.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@novascotiacollector wrote:

Shipping was $26 US plus there was a charge of $12 US for GST . Since when do you pay Canadian taxes on items from the US . 

Since a very long time ago.  CRA used to be more diligent about assessing and collecting taxes and duty owing on goods sent by mail.  I'd say that in the late 90s, early '00s my wife and I had tax bills from Canada Post/CRA on about half the US stuff that my wife and I bought on eBay.  Come the mid '00s, we found that we were getting away with a lot more tax-free purchases.

You've just been very fortunate in not getting taxes assessed and charged on your imports from the US, that's all.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2022

The problem with zombie threads is that the advice is often out of date and misleading.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 25 of 25
latest reply