I haven't received item, and it's from August 2020, so ebay's automated complaint thing doesn't show

Hello,

I've already wasted about an hour trying to contact ebay with an email or phone number, and i'm almost giving up.

I ordered some seeds August 30, 2020. They were from China, and with economy shipping and covid, I was patient with the fact it would take at least 2 months or more.

Mid-January 2021 I contacted the seller, and they replied they'd look into it.

Nothing has been done.

And now when I use ebay's automated resolution/complaint website, it doesn't find my order because it's too old?

The seeds were only $4.00. But still, I want my $4.00 back because I received nothing. I did look at the shipping tracking, and there was lots of action in China, and then somewhere along the way in China, it stopped.

If this isn't resolved, i will be permanently closing my ebay account, and I've been using it for more than 20 years.

It's how ebay has put themselves behind a wall, where you can't contact anyone that has me very angry, and then you end up wasting even more of your time.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I haven't received item, and it's from August 2020, so ebay's automated complaint thing doesn't show

mcrlmn
Community Member

After 90 days the eBay resolution window closed.

Fortunately, the PayPal Resolution Centre allows you up to 180 days to open a case.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You only had 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open a Not Received case with eBay.

The seller schmoozed you past that.

It is likely the seeds never did exist. These crooks depend on most buyers not bothering to ask for refunds on low priced goods.

Go to your Paypal account. You have 180 days from payment to open a Dispute.

Their Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of the page.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the seller. You did that.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

You will be refunded.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, or if you paid directly with a credit card, you can also phone them about a chargeback, but start with Paypal.

You have 90 days from purchase to leave feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. "Paid 8/30/20 Never arrived as of 27/1/21"

Also, any seller with less than 98% FB score is a poor seller. For Asian sellers that is 99%.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I agree that it can be difficult to contact ebay customer service however in this situation, there is nothing that they would or could do as you have waited past the time to open a claim.  As suggested in other posts, if you used PP you can open a claim with them for up to 180 days past the purchase date.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

and you do know that bringing seeds into Canada from another country >ordering seeds from outside Canada is now illegal without a permit/health certification,etc.

Border agency can & will confiscate.

It is well known that seeds coming from China most often are not labelled as "seeds" but the seller will declare as jewelery or other, as Chinese sellers know that it is illegal to ship seeds to North America, so this is their way around that to get that sale $

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If it's illegal, then why does ebay allow it?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

EBay is an international company and unaware of relatively minor laws of other countries, because in this case "international' means : USA.

I don't think it is illegal to bring most seeds into the country-- I have ordered both flower and vegetable seeds from the UK for decades-- but some seeds and plants are restricted in some countries, provinces, even cities.

For example, my city does not allow new plantings of daphne, broom or certain ivies, and has a n ongoing removal program for these garden thugs.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same reason that they allow mega sellers to not show a photo instead item in stock image. Those overseas sellers bring in a lot of dollars.. Greed rules here .
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

For anyone wondering, when I ordered the seeds in August, I was told the expected delivery was way in November or something. Then it changed to December. So to wait for 4 months, as if I should be "closely watching it" is absurd. I thought if it's not expected in 4 months, I guess waiting weeks afterwards won't hurt.

I tried contacting the seller again, and they said "We looking into it", same as before 3 weeks ago.

Today, after being on ebay for more than 20 years, I deleted my account! It felt great!
Liberating.
I hope it was worth it to lose such a customer over $4.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

And for the beechy replies that it's "illegal" to buy basil seeds off the internet --- I don't care for your **bleep**y snarky comments, as if I deserved to be ripped off -- and it just adds to the **bleep**y tone coming from ebay.

bye! bye! won't need to deal with you anymore. EVER again.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply