Offers & Counter offer Shipping Charges

Why do shipping charges change for different offer amounts? I was comparing amounts on item, exchange etc., when I put the offer lower the shipping went UP and the higher the offer the LOWER the shipping. I thought maybe insurance but it wouldn't go up if item was cheaper!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Offers & Counter offer Shipping Charges

3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

We need to know a bit more about what you're seeing, but I have a feeling you're looking at a low cost item that's being forwarded through the Global Shipping Program.  Ammirite?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Rite

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@maureenr5700 wrote:
Rite

Okay, so what I think is happening here, based on what little information I have and what I've read of the experiences of others is that the seller's price in the listing was above the tax-free threshold of C$40 and your offer is below that amount.

Import charges on a GSP-forwarded item are an estimate based on GST/HST, duty (if applicable) and various processing charges.  The processing charges usually run around US$4-5.  On items with selling prices below C$40, the processing charges get added to the shipping charge.  Back in the day, those processing charges showed up as "import charges" but a lot of buyers didn't understand why their tax/duty-free items were still being hit with "import charges" so that was changed up.

Hope I'm making sense here.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply