Seller refuses to refund or provide a tracking number

Hi,

I ordered a pre-sale item in December 2020 that should have been released in June 2021.

I never received any shipping notice and the eBay status remained Paid.

As it was the pandemic, I trusted the seller that maybe they had stock issues.

One month ago, I contacted the seller to get a status on this, no answer.

I contacted him again today and said all those items have been sent and he won't proceed to any refund !!

He told me I should have contacted him in the 90 days but 90 days of what ? I don't know as 90 days after the order would have been 3 months before the release and I could'nt contact him 90 days after the shipping as It never occurred.

How could I get help from eBay as I can't find my order on their Resolution Center ? I know the order is old but as it was a pre-sale order, I wouldn't have been able to open any case 6 months after the order ...

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller refuses to refund or provide a tracking number

marnotom!
Community Member

You have up to thirty (30) days after the last estimated delivery date on the listing page to open a claim of non-delivery with eBay through its Money Back Guarantee program.

You have up to 180 days after the date of purchase to open a similar claim with PayPal, if you used PayPal to facilitate your payment.

eBay does assist with getting refunds for items paid for but not received, but it does have its limits.  Sorry you ran into them.  Your seller should have some record of their sale on file.  If you haven't given them the item number yet, it may be with your PayPal transaction details.  If you give that to the seller, it might improve his "memory" of your sale.  How's their feedback?  Are there comments from other buyers who have not received their item?

If you used a credit card to fund your payment, there's a slim chance your credit card issuer will allow you to dispute the charge through them, but don't count on it.  Apart from that, I really don't know what else to suggest.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

my two cents: the Seller should not have had a pre sale listing with a shipping date of 6 months out. according to ebay help pages a pre sale item has to be shipped within 30 days of a purchase.  if the Seller has current active listings where he/she is offering pre sale items with a shipping date of 6 months out that should be reported to ebay as a violation of their pre sale policy as found in the help pages.  at 6 months out you have no recourse for non receipt of an item through ebay or paypal or i would guess any other payment method.  do you happen to have a copy of your original purchase listing? you could try contacting ebay with that in hand to see if they could extend you some sort of courtesy credit maybe ... ? but it would help your case perhaps if the Seller still had active listings with that same policy violating time frame listed ....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"I ordered a pre-sale item in December 2020 that should have been released in June 2021.

I never received any shipping notice and the eBay status remained Paid.

As it was the pandemic, I trusted the seller that maybe they had stock issues.

One month ago, I contacted the seller to get a status on this, no answer."

You purchased a pre-sale item with a 6 month waiting time 13 months ago, 1 month ago you contacted your Seller for the first time about the item, after waiting 12 months without asking any questions about your purchase? Really?

I think you can kiss your "purchase" goodbye, why did you wait a year before doing anything?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply