Tracking not updating

Hey folks, does anyone know what happens to international shipments after they go to the new shipping hub at Glendale Heights, Illinois? Mine hasn't updated since arriving there earlier this week; can anyone with previous experience with this share details?

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Tracking not updating

FWIW Mr. Google tells me it is within a half hour's drive from O'Hare International Airport.

Is "earlier this week " Monday or Thursday?

Generally it is not a good idea to watch tracking.

What is the window eBay gave you for arrival?

If the last day passes without delivery, you can get a refund from eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Note that,unlike the GSP , you will probably be paying duty and sales taxes on your purchase when it does arrive, in addition to thecourier's service fee, which starts at $9.95 for Canada Post and rises if the EIS is using private couriers.

However, you only pay duty if your purchase from the USA is over $140Cdn, and taxes if it is over $40Cdn.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Update, it does update, item arrived today - and no duties were charged.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Thanks for the update, @watari09. If you’re still out there, would you mind sharing the value of your item? Just wondering if it was less than the official $20 or $40 threshold for tax charges.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If the parcel was coming from the USA, which seems likely, the duty-free allowance is $150 and the tax-free allowance is $40.

And it would not surprise me if CBSA is continuing their policy of ignoring low- value (under $100?) imports as being to expensive to assess and collect the appropriate taxes.

I'm very unclear about imports from the EU under CERN, which seems to make most products duty-free.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
Thanks for the update, @watari09. If you’re still out there, would you mind sharing the value of your item? Just wondering if it was less than the official $20 or $40 threshold for tax charges.

It was around $60 Canadian, not including shipping.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Mine is stuck at "tracking details uploaded". been stuck like that for almost 6 days now. it's at the new ebay shipping hub at Glendale Heights, IL.

how long did yours update? this is really unusual for me. first time ive experienced this.

thanks!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

watari09:  what carrier delivered your package, was it Canada Post or a courier?  Do you live in a city or in a more rural area?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

well if there are no tracking updates that's another big problem with EIS, especially if final delivery is being done by courier.   It's bad enough to have to stay at home from 8am to 8pm on the delivery day when it's coming by courier, now we won't even know what the delivery day is.  So what....we stay at home and don't dare leave for days until our package comes?   Terrific buying experience.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

i have read in other threads with the same situation as mine, his arrived though after 11 or so days of waiting. he said it updated, just a very long wait.

i hope the same goes with mine.

estjmated delivery date on kine is may 10. im just gonna hope and pray it arrives, if not im gonna file a item not received claim.

this new EIS sucks, for what im experiencing, the one at erlanger ky does a lot better.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

US shipment to Canada arrived at Glendale Hub on April 23. No news since and it's over two weeks later.

The twiligth Zone. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

as soon as the last estimated delivery date passes, make sure you open an INR, if you don't have your package in your hands.  That's what i plan to do with my incoming package.  If Ebay has lots of complaints, INRs, chargebacks etc that will motivate them to improve EIS.  

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

bellore
Community Member

A lot of parcels are going missing at eBay's Glendale Heights shipping hub.

Here's a person who reported a video game console that went missing:   https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Your-item-is-being-inspected-on-shipping-hub/td-p/493531

I had a laptop that arrived there on 24 April 2023, and it also went missing.

Currently I have a second laptop that arrived there on 24 May 2023, and it is also stuck there.  Most likely will also go missing.

I suggest that all sellers and buyers steer clear of eBay International Shipping until eBay has worked out the issue.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@bellore, from reading several posts on eBay International Shipping on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, I’m left with the impression that the program is very reluctant to handle items containing lithium-ion batteries.

I suggest you try checking the tracking of your laptops on parcelsapp.com. You may get some event scan information that wasn’t transmitted to eBay that gives more clues to what’s happened/happening with them.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Rather than staying at home for fear of porch pirates, have you looked into Canada Post's Flex Delivery?

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Rather than staying at home for fear of porch pirates, have you looked into Canada Post's Flex Delivery?

The thing with FlexDelivery is that it’s basically a glorified PO Box service and as such only works with shipments sent through the postal system. Buyers aren’t supposed to have PO boxes as shipping addresses for shipments handled by eBay International Shipping. Unless a change has escaped my attention, eIS seems to be a lot more hardnosed about this for shipments to Canada than the GSP was.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply