What do I do about an Intelcom item not received but marked as delivered? (Global Shipping Program)

I purchased a few individual DVDs last week through eBay's global shipping program. 

-On Saturday, 3 DVDs were marked as delivered via Intelcom.

-Only 2 were in my mail box. 

-It was 99.99 percent not porch pirates, since I opened the door as the Intelcom driver was driving away (so within 30 seconds of him dropping them off). 

-Packages weren't signed for, they also were not photographed. They were signed N/A by the driver.

Here is the major problem:

The package was either fraudulently marked as delivered, or delivered to the wrong house. Meaning, if I contact eBay or open an INR, they aren't likely to believe me.

Additionally, I don't feel right about the seller being on the hook for the package since it is pretty clear that this is a problem with eBay's chosen carrier for their end of the Global Shipping Program.

I am waiting to hear back from Intelcom, but from what I have read they are likely to instruct me to "contact the vendor".

Is there any way to get my $50 back from eBay without having to take it out of the pocket of the seller? Penalizing the seller would not be right. Because the package was fraudulently marked as delivered, do I have to jump through hoops before opening an INR, like filing a police report?

On a side note, after years of having no problems with Intelcom, this is the second package they had a problem with this week. I had an Amazon package marked as delivered, but the photo showed a different house. Additionally, the package shown in the photo did not look like the packaging that my item would have been packaged in. This makes me suspicious that the driver may have attached a photo of a previous delivery. Not that it really makes much of a difference, either way, my package was not delivered. 

Assuming the package doesn't somehow materialize, do I have any recourse here? Or is this a $50 lesson that I should have all GSP orders shipped to my business PO Box and not my residential address?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What do I do about an Intelcom item not received but marked as delivered? (Global Shipping Progr

Contact eBay directly through social media, like Twitter or FB for example. You will get a pretty quick response and they will send you an affidavit to complete which basically asks you certify that the package was not received by you. Once you send them the signed form back, you will receive a full refund within 24-48 hours. This recently happened to me with two GSP/Intelcom deliveries and eBay was very quick to address the problem and issue a refund. I have had complaints about eBay in the past, but in this case they were very helpful and understanding. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: What do I do about an Intelcom item not received but marked as delivered? (Global Shipping Progr

The seller is not on the hook Pitney Bowes is. The seller's responsibility was only to get the item to Erlanger KY. Once Pitney Bowes gets the item they are responsible to making sure the item gets to the buyer. 

File a claim through eBay. Pitney Bowes needs to feel the wrath of buyers when PB uses cheapass couriers such as IntelCom who provide diddly tracking. If you get a refund and the package shows up you can keep the package and no need to return the refund to PB.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@theoldestfart wrote:

File a claim through eBay. Pitney Bowes needs to feel the wrath of buyers when PB uses cheapass couriers such as IntelCom who provide diddly tracking. If you get a refund and the package shows up you can keep the package and no need to return the refund to PB.

While this is worth trying first, if Intelcom's tracking shows delivery, I'd say a refund is unlikely.

@ilikehockeyjerseys, if you used a credit card for your payment, you may have to try going through your credit card issuer if going through eBay (and PayPal if you used it) doesn't pan out.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

So you bought the three DVDs from three different sellers and they were all marked as delivered but you only got two packages?

I'd start with Intelcom, since the third DVD is likely somewhere in the truck.

But in the long run, and given IntelCom's poor reputation,  going to your credit card for the one DVD that was not delivered may be your easiest option.

You bought three DVDs from the same seller which were shipped in one package. The package only held two DVDs.

Start with the seller. This is a Not As Described dispute because he did not send the third DVD.

The third /undelivered DVD is valued at $50?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I bought the three DVDs from three different sellers. Not from the same seller. 

Two were in my mail box. I answered the door as the driver was driving away, so there would have been no time for a porch pirate.

I am waiting to hear back from Intelcom via e-mail, but I'll give them a call if they don't get back to me by today. Based on what I read, I highly doubt it will be worth my time. Best case scenario would be that they have the package and can re-deliver it, but I doubt Intelcom will go through that trouble based on their reviews. 

In almost 15 or so years on eBay, I don't think I have opened a single item not as described case, and I have maybe opened 2-3 INR cases, but those were situations where the seller blatantly ghosted the purchased after auction wins (never marked as shipped, never replied, etc).

With that said, I don't think it's worth pursuing if eBay will view the delivery scan as the end all be all. I also don't want to hassle the seller, who clearly filled their end of the deal. I get that I would likely be covered by my credit card company. 

The result of this will be that I'll get GSP orders sent to my business PO Box. Which if I understand correctly based on what people who use Amazon say, will make it so eBay cannot use Intelcom or certain courier services, as they do not deliver to PO Boxes. It's a hassle to have to pick things up, but at least I don't have to worry about losing cash on GSP orders. I assume this will cost eBay more money to fulfill the order.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Contact eBay directly through social media, like Twitter or FB for example. You will get a pretty quick response and they will send you an affidavit to complete which basically asks you certify that the package was not received by you. Once you send them the signed form back, you will receive a full refund within 24-48 hours. This recently happened to me with two GSP/Intelcom deliveries and eBay was very quick to address the problem and issue a refund. I have had complaints about eBay in the past, but in this case they were very helpful and understanding. Good luck.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'll give this a shot after I hear back from my e-mail to Intelcom, or I after I relent and call them. Thanks for letting me know that there is an actual avenue to solve this. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

jozabl_32
Community Member
I went through the same thing four times I called asked for a supervisor finally one called me back from the Surrey Warehouse and said he had found my package and it would be delivered the next day I have a security camera on the front steps no package was delivered it was marked as such Pitney Bowes in the US uses intelcom in Canada . I guess they are cheaper but the savings don't go to eBay customers.. I asked to see the signature and they said they had it and hold on 5 minutes later they came back on the phone and said that they couldn't see it it was too dark and there was no picture of the parcel drop off I miss Canada Post as far as I'm concerned these guys are crooks
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I agree I think they're totally crooks my package never arrived they said they had a signature they couldn't provide that they said they had a picture but it was too I checked my video camera it never arrived and I pay a fortune for that global shipping program many times more than the item I buy shipping to Canada on that program is ridiculously expensive
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I do not understand why eBay is using this global shipping program through Pitney Bowes and intelcom look at the reviews on Yelp and trustpilot intelcom is not to be trusted especially with their customers packages they're not getting delivered they're disappearing shameful and it cost a fortune to use that global shipping program
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@jozabl_32 wrote:
I went through the same thing four times I called asked for a supervisor finally one called me back from the Surrey Warehouse and said he had found my package and it would be delivered the next day I have a security camera on the front steps no package was delivered it was marked as such Pitney Bowes in the US uses intelcom in Canada . I guess they are cheaper but the savings don't go to eBay customers.. I asked to see the signature and they said they had it and hold on 5 minutes later they came back on the phone and said that they couldn't see it it was too dark and there was no picture of the parcel drop off I miss Canada Post as far as I'm concerned these guys are crooks

jasmen@ebay 

Could eBay please address the GSP concerns mentioned in general terms  described in these posts. Situations like these are reported regularly in this forum. Is eBay doing anything to improve the situation?

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I don't think Intelcom is crooked.

Just terminally incompetent.

The drivers are sloppy, perhaps undertrained?, and the managers more inclined to cover up error than to solve problems.

Another problem is that the drivers have to meet deadlines which would discourage them from time-sensitive actions like returning to deliver a missed CD when it turns up in the truck at the end of the day.

The trouble with coverups is that they don't allow for correction of ongoing problems.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

well, after reading this thread (and others) i'm REALLY glad i didn't make my first GSP purchase yesterday.  Ebay,  for years has been hammering away at sellers about providing a good buying experience,  yet this is what they offer for their vaunted Global Shipping Program?  Hypocrits in the extreme.

I've never purchased using GSP and never, ever will.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

i agree femmefan, i don't think Intelcom is crooked.  But the fact packages go missing so often and the fact that nobody seems to be doing anything about it, certainly opens the door for individual employees to be crooked.  What's to stop a driver from putting a package in front of a door, taking a picture and then picking the package up and taking it home?

And where are all these large numbers of packages that go missing ending up?  Are they in some Intelcom warehouse somewhere, forever undelivered?  Do they just destroy them?  Where are they all?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply