ebay estimate delivery is problem

Hello everyone.

My Order from BC to ON Expedited Parcel 4  business days is not Delivered .

Shiped May 10 ,Estimate  Delivery date May 18 .

- Ebay set delivery time Jun 13 .

- The Seller said wait more time.

- CP  said open Ticket

In all 3 cases I'm not able to get Refund .

I have to wait until EBay WRONG  estimate date  pass .

What shoud I do ? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Most time the estimated delivery date shows a range of a few days, maybe May 18 was the earliest part of the range and there was the long weekend that happened just after. I find if something is out over the long weekend nothing happens again until Tuesday.

If the seller showed May 10th as ship date that could be the day they did the label since it shows shipped as soon as label is printed but they may have waited a couple of days to actually drop it off at the post office.

If estimated delivery was May 18th two business days have passed since then (this is the third ) so hopefully comes this week.

Worse case you will be able to get a refund when that date passes (and you are right that is date is excessive, it would never take a month - hard to understand why they gave it just a long range, maybe seller was on .com even though in Canada?) but you will probably get package before that, fingers crossed.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

The Item is shippet on May 10.

Since proccessed in Montreal on May 14 , there is no more update on Tracking.

CP started to show Delay .

I have another Item from BC shipped on May 18 , received yesterday .

I called CO , they told me both Sender and Receiver can open case , only Sender can get Refund.

On ebay I can't open case , not allow me untim Jun 13.

The Seccer doesn't answer .

Ebay can't put Delivery standard over CP standard .

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

What shipping method did the seller put in their listing?

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

The Item is shippet on May 10.

Since proccessed in Montreal on May 14 , there is no more update on Tracking.

CP started to show Delay .

I have another Item from BC shipped on May 18 , received yesterday .

I called CO , they told me both Sender and Receiver can open case , only Sender can get Refund.

On ebay I can't open case , not allow me untim Jun 13.

The Seccer doesn't answer .

Ebay can't put Delivery standard over CP standard .

@pansy19 

It's possible there may have been delays along the way due to the forest fires with temporary road closures.

-Lots

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

From Montreal to Ottawa is no any Alert.

Both Parcel went the same route.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

You answered your own question, "I have to wait until EBay WRONG  estimate date  pass".

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

The Seller  put Standard International Shipping .

It's shiped by Expedited Parcel from BC.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Standard International Shipping is a generic term which allows sellers to use their choice of services.

Because there are sover 150 postal systems in the world and their services vary.

The useful information is that the seller chose Expedited.

So it was shipped from BC on May 10 and made Montreal on May 14, but hasn't shown any movement since then?

Where are you? Labrador? Halifax?

Have you dropped into the local PO and asked them to check the number?

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

The Seller  put Standard International Shipping .

It's shiped by Expedited Parcel from BC.

Okay. So basically what happens is the seller has chosen a generic shipping option that lets them ship the item however they wish, as long as it gets to you before end of the period shown when you bought the item (this is common for Canadians who list on the US site since they can't directly select calculated Canadian shipping options). What Canada Post shows as estimates can give you an idea of when it SHOULD arrive, but it has nothing to do with what the seller has promised to you. eBay's estimate is not wrong. It is the seller who has determined what the shipping time should allow. eBay has no idea what shipping company the seller will use.

Unfortunately, you just have to wait until the date (June 13th). My guess is that there's a good chance it shows up before then. This kind of situation is rare, but it does happen. I've had it happen to me both as a buyer and seller. The good news is that you'll either get your item or a complete refund, just not as quickly as you hoped.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I'm in Ottawa .

Thanks.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Yes , you are correct .

Un fortunately I have to wait on ebay .

IF Seller open Ticket on CP ( late shipment OR not Delivered ) , maybe we will not wait until Jun 13.

I had the same issue with CP twice since January , never Delivered Items- still shows in Transit by Tracking #.

Thank you

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm wondering if this may be related to what's being discussed in this thread from about a week ago:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Any-known-issue-at-Gateway-MIssissauga-or-with-Canada-Po...

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Thank you for your time.

My Item was on route to final destination with Delivery date , then change to Delay .

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

My Package shows up in Mississauga 14 days after Delay from Montreal to Ottawa .

CP late shipping Refund is available for Senders only.

The Sender didn't do anything  to help after Delivery time passed .

What is my option?

RTS ?

Thank you.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

@pansy19 wrote:

My Package shows up in Mississauga 14 days after Delay from Montreal to Ottawa .

CP late shipping Refund is available for Senders only.

The Sender didn't do anything  to help after Delivery time passed .

What is my option?

RTS ?

Thank you.

Nothing. The seller told you by June 13th. Until that date has passed, the item is not late. As noted above, what Canada Post says doesn't matter. That's between the shipper and Canada Post.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

This actually brings up an interesting question. If using eBay labels, can you file a claim for the shipping refund on a late delivery? I assume you can't with Canada Post since the purchaser is eBay, but can you file it with eBay?

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

This actually brings up an interesting question. If using eBay labels, can you file a claim for the shipping refund on a late delivery? I assume you can't with Canada Post since the purchaser is eBay, but can you file it with eBay?

@flipistics 

If anyone is able to test, send on  your results? Would be interesting to know or if the process is any different and how long it takes to see a credit.

-Lotz

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

It's not Seller who told it was ebay .

I paid Expedited Parces - delivery tine 4 business  days , not over month.

The Sender's responsibility is open Claim and get Refund Shipping tnen Refunt buyer .

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

You are right I have to wait .

If Item was out for Delivery on May 14 , why is missing 2 weeks from monitoring, then shows on Different Destination. Buying time until ebay  tell wnen to Deliver .

Message 20 of 24
latest reply