package stuck in Cincinnati

hi there..i was just wondering if any other people having this issue??? package dosent seem to move from Cincinnati....this will be my last order on ebay..i have better things to do than spend money for things to sit around while DHL sits on their ass..i can spend my money where the customer still matters.absolutley disgusted but learned a good lesson..dont order from ebay!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: package stuck in Cincinnati

marnotom!
Community Member

You do realize that when you make a purchase from this site, you're not ordering "from eBay" but, rather, a seller who uses eBay to facilitate the sale?  Saying you won't buy from eBay again because of a problem with one sale with one seller is like saying you're never going to shop at the Toronto Eaton Centre again because the cashier at New York Fries gave you the wrong change.

I'm guessing that because you mentioned DHL and Cincinnati in your post, your seller probably used eBay's International Standard Delivery service to ship your item from somewhere in the United States.  eBay ISD may be a cheaper way to send stuff to Canada, but that's because it's a mail consolidation service, and mail consolidators tend to be slow.  COVID-19 probably isn't helping.  The big Canada Post sort facility in Mississauga, which is probably your item's next destination, is seeing all sorts of problems right now.  Check the news: hundreds of workers testing positive for COVID-19, one dead (although it's unclear whether COVID-19 was the cause of death).  

Your item may have left Cincinnati, but there's no further scan information on it because it's waiting to be checked into Canadian customs.

How far past the last estimated date of delivery is your item?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: package stuck in Cincinnati

EBay gave you a window for delivery.

You don't need tracking- that's a Seller Protection.

Your protection is eBay's Money Back Guarantee*.

Has the last day of that delivery window passed?

If it has go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open a Not Received Dispute.

Because of the pandemic slowdowns you may be asked to wait another 24 hours.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

The seller does have 96 hours to refund. If he hasn't done it by then you can escalate to a Claim and eBay will make the refund and go after the seller for their money.

Tracking only shows where the item was last recorded. It might be in Cincinnati. It might be in a truck by the Peace Bridge. It might be at Gateway Terminal in Mississauga waiting until the 'deep clean' is completed.

You are protected by the Money Back Guarantee.

*Plus Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy .

Plus the chargeback feature of the credit card you use to back your PP account.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply