eBay label sysem not printing country of origin code.

Is any one else experiencing the issue of the country of origin code not appearing on USA small packet labels? I have done 3 this weekend, in every case the country of origin code is not on the label, dispite being selected on the form. Just wodering if it is yet another bug with the system?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: eBay label sysem not printing country of origin code.

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that.  On the label I checked it didn't carry over the HS code either.  I wonder if we are missing a 'Save' step or something like that?  

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Is any one else experiencing the issue of the country of origin code not appearing on USA small packet labels? I have done 3 this weekend, in every case the country of origin code is not on the label, dispite being selected on the form. Just wodering if it is yet another bug with the system?

You may want to pass that on to eBayLabels@ebay.ca

They usually respond within 24 hours. Why I will continue using Shippo. Too many things missing with eBay Labels.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I printed my first label this morning, and I didn't notice it. You are right, it is not there. My HS code is there though.

Unfortunately for me, it is too late to add it manually. Hopefully, it won't cause any problems.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I printed my first label this morning, and I didn't notice it. You are right, it is not there. My HS code is there though.

Unfortunately for me, it is too late to add it manually. Hopefully, it won't cause any problems.

@flyhooks4less 

Has this been resolved?

-Lotz

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Not to my knowledge, I did email the the address you suggested, no repsonse at all.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@flyhooks4less wrote:

Hello tyler@ebay 

Could you look into this please. As of post 6 (May 21) no resolution. Most important that this should be fixed with high priority for anyone shipping using eBay Labels Internationally.  If information is being updated in pen it could potentially delay customs processing because of the missing required information.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

I used ebay shipping labels for the first time today. I printed 2 shipping labels to the US and didn't think to check if all the info was there or not.  If these come back to me because of a yet another glitch in their system, I will be furious. 

Normally, I print all my labels through PayPal shipping but noticed today that for some INSANE reason, eBay is not showing the buyer's phone on the order details page anymore. The phone number for both US International shipping is required by Canada Post or you will not be able to purchase or  print a shipping label. So why is the buyer's phone number not there anymore? My settings for purchasing from me require the buyer to add a phone number so how can they purchase from me without it showing? Is this just another power trip by eBay to get sellers to use their shipping label program because guess what? .... the phone number for the buyer is there when you print the label through them??? If this what they are doing then it is getting sadder and sicker every day!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I see the buyers phone number in sellers hub/order details.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

For everyones information as of this morning, this issue is still not fixed.  tyler@ebay 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

For everyones information as of this morning, this issue is still not fixed.  tyler@ebay  Can you advise if this is even being looked at?

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

although not currently an active seller on eBay as I refuse to enter this MP mess, I am helping hubby as he gets oriented after being away from eBay for nearly a year and despite the fact we entered ALL the necessary details for a Tracked Pkt item to the USA, just checked our printed copy of record and NO, the country of origin is NOT on the label...(this was printed a few days ago) and we did provide that when preparing the info... Too late to do anything as item has been shipped...

Definitely do not like this eBay label system>PayPal was such a simple process with nary a problem with PP labels.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Use www.paypal.com/shipnow  for MP if you want to buy labels from paypal (copy and paste of sale details is needed for MP sales).

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I know about paypalshipnow but that site/process doesn't work-been there, tried that=does not exist for me= does not allow me to use/process...= does not show as available for my PayPal account

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Use www.paypal.com/shipnow  if you still want to buy labels from paypal (copy and paste of sale details is needed if in MP).

Because of the quantity/quality of short comings I am avoiding eBay Labels. I've used Shippo which correctly ports information from eBay for 3 plus years. Customs documentation works for my needs and includes CP additional options with associated costs. I get the level 2 discount I qualify for. The savings with eBay Labels is minimal with current promotion. (Really is only substantial on certain services - otherwise it is hit or miss and available until Mid-Sept). Billing clearly shows options with discounts prior to purchase. Charges via PayPal are invoiced as per my specifications and discussions with their customer service department. Also unable to build on my discount with eBay Labels. With PayPal Labels I've never been able to confirm how to link my CP account. Plus the issue with cut and paste for eBay transactions.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

What do you mean? If instead of signing into your regular paypal account, you type in the url paypal.com/shipnow instead, it doesn't ask you to sign in and/or it doesn't work when you sign in?

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

In the past it would not bring up the required page so I never bothered with it since...maybe it was just having a bad day those times I tried previously...However, today it seems to look like it may work...

Message 17 of 17
latest reply