Managed payments is a mess for Canadian sellers who sell in USD

Got an email today saying to register and that I could register and choose USD payouts but after signing up I never saw the option to choose USD or even CAD for that matter, contacted support and they just keep telling me that no Canadian can get USD payout when there is literally a page (https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/fees-payments/usd-payouts.html) that says

• When you register for eBay as a business or by invitation, you will have the ability to choose your preferred payout currency when managing your payments.

Has anyone else signed up and gotten USD payouts? I really don't want to have to make a new account just to get paid out in USD, and I don't want to be paid out in CAD and lose 4% on each sale for no reason. 

Support just confirmed to me that my account is locked to CAD and it cannot be changed, this is a complete joke and this needs to be fixed. 

tyler@ebay is there anything you can do to help me?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Managed payments is a mess for Canadian sellers who sell in USD

@bluejaysfan wrote:

I'll see if anyone knows about this the next time I talk to the CS to see if he knows anything about that, even though the chance is slim.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think the chance is slim, too.  The email that I'm talking about went out, what? Sometime in the past 15-20 years? Who knows if there's anybody working in the eBay trenches now who was also working back then?  I kind of doubt the Wayback Machine could help on this one. 

I would suggest getting in touch with eBay through Twitter or Facebook, however, as you're going to get a living, breathing eBay staff member as opposed to a contracted out call centre employee if you phone.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

Just to confirm, you are trying to sign up for Managed Payments on the .ca site?

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

This is EXACTLY the way it is and there is absolutely NOTHING that can be done !

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Yep that is what Ebay told me also 😞

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@kh-laura 

@kh-leslie 

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2021

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 46 of 46
latest reply