100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

My 100k free listing promo was not renewed for November. Anyone else experience this?
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: 100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Updating this thread with what I've heard back:

The promotion that was offered was originally slated to run 12 months, expiring on November 1. The decision was made to extend it through the end of the year, but will be ending after that. 

In your Seller Hub you will see, just like with other promos, that this month's allotment has an end date of December 1. You will see another 100K promo on December 1 that will last through the end of the year. 

The Terms and Conditions page will be live later today (it may actually be up now), but it's a pretty standard set of terms. 

Thanks for your patience while I waited to hear on this!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 61 of 80
latest reply

I have roughly 1440-1450 listings on ebay Canada. All this year, these listings were listed on ebay.ca for free ( Zero Insertion Fee up to 100,000 listings )

On 11-Nov-2021 I received the following message on ebay.ca:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/Zero-Insertion-Fee-promotion-extension/ba-p/469174

As part of eBay’s commitment to sellers during the peak of Covid-19 we ran a limited-time promotion offering zero insertion fees for your first 100,000 listings.
While this promotion was initially slated to last one year, ending on October 31, 2021 we  have now extended until December 31st, 2021 to ensure you benefit from this promotion during the busy holiday season.  

No further action is required to activate the extended promotion and we hope you take advantage of this opportunity to list more and have a successful holiday selling season.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Okay, I am not changing anything and the listings are automatically listed on November 25th. However on November 26th I see the fees for these listings are ~ 182 €

Thus, (1) either ebay lies and deceives sellers Or  (2) this amount should be returned to me!

Message 62 of 80
latest reply

After a conversation with the support service of the sellers, they promised me to return the entire amount insertion fees , but at the moment they only returned a part (probably full amount is not available to ebay :))

Message 63 of 80
latest reply

Posting to one thread is good enough, see the other for any answer to your problem.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 64 of 80
latest reply

Although this is an old thread Ebay were to increase by offering 500 or 1000 listings per month guess what most of the store subscriptions would be deleted, most seller when we were offered them 100k listing per month barely used 1000 or 2000 listings out of them 100k

It only really helped for a while those that were real high volume listers as us the average joe didnt do much and from now going to 250 from 200 is a needle in hay stack offering by Ebay.

To further put damage to seller now with even junk items buyers have to pay sales tax on them and it slowly has been pushing buyers away to other platforms as well as sellers

Message 65 of 80
latest reply

How times have changed. To my knowledge, throughout 2022 there have been no Promos of any sort offered, nothing.

I've seen neither a free listings promo nor any FVF savings type promotions this year. It's been quite a turn of events.
Message 66 of 80
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:
How times have changed. To my knowledge, throughout 2022 there have been no Promos of any sort offered, nothing.

I've seen neither a free listings promo nor any FVF savings type promotions this year. It's been quite a turn of events.

Interestingly though US sellers get the occasional FVF credit promos from time to time. There is a major uproar whent they dont work properly or kick in when they should. I haven't gotten/seen 1 of those in yearsss!!

-Lotz

Message 67 of 80
latest reply

There have been some very specific promos relating to category.   This came in the email in August.

"Save 60% on final value fees for collectible card games, Funkos, comics and more"

Message 68 of 80
latest reply

That one was weirdly specific, i missed the cut on that one.

Message 69 of 80
latest reply

I think I got algorithmed in since I never sold anything of those.  But about a couple of weeks before I bought a stack of comics for the first time ever and had looked up values from them.  I had not listed any so that may have triggered to promo offer.   There was one very good comic that sold for $535 so that promo worked out very well.

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

eBay made it quite clear when they increased the free listings to 250 per user in the Spring of 2021(?) that listing promos like those that existed from 2011 are a thing of the past.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 71 of 80
latest reply

and yes that's the way it is...I do not have a store on eBay and 250 free listings/months is as good as it gets =0 promos of ANY kind throughout 2022

Message 72 of 80
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM NOVEMBER 2021

Message 73 of 80
latest reply

The average snake and the Ebay product team have a lot in common, we know at any moment the old skin will slough off revealing a replacement.
That's where the commonality ends though, unlike the snake eBay tends to grow new skins that have undergone serious mutations. Sooner or later management will seek to in some way or another manipulate the marketplace, Promos are well suited to address those situations, they are likely just hibernating for a spell. I doubt the ridiculous 100K free listing will see the light of day again.

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

This is an old thread, still relevant in December 2022 though.
Message 75 of 80
latest reply

On the topic of old threads that are still relevant orrrrrr not from dot com. Interesting thoughts/opinions included.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Clearing-up-misinformation-about-posting-on-the-Community-board...

-Lotz

Message 76 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

On the topic of old threads that are still relevant orrrrrr not from dot com. Interesting thoughts/opinions included.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Clearing-up-misinformation-about-posting-on-the-Community-board...

-Lotz

Totally agree with the comment that the default should be most recent vs best match. If someone is not a regular to the board that is what they will see first. Best match. Without realizing the information may or may not be accurate.

-Lotz

Message 77 of 80
latest reply

Must feed algorithm, even if it does not really make sense. 

I got a chuckle from the .com board with some people thinking that posting to the discussion group would improve their search standings.   What a mess, glad I have not seen that silly idea on the .ca board.

Message 78 of 80
latest reply

@byto253 

Yes, that was definitely bizarre. It's gotten to the point where many sellers will try literally anything to improve their chances of their items being found. 

All the FREE listings that sellers were offered by eBay has directly caused this quagmire. Search has turned into a needle in a haystack or wysiwyg vs A to B and programs tripping over other programs.

-Lotz

Message 79 of 80
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 80 of 80
latest reply