5 Days expedited BC to Ont? what

Has something has changed? before ebay had adjusted delivery times for covid19, 10-15 up to 23 days now its switched to an impossible 5 day delivery estimates. Its 10 days cross country on a good day, ebay is estimating 5 days.

Anyone notice this change?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The online Rate Card gives eight days (BC to ON) for Regular Parcel.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

don't know about eBay adjusting the delivery times but do know that eBay made this announcement:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Announcements/An-update-on-late-delivery-protections-as-carrier-perform...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@valuestore 

I'm showing 8 business days Calgary to east of Toronto by Expedited. 10 Business days by regular.  (1 Day Handling time). If you are feeling nervous you may want to extend your handling time by whatever you feel comfortable with.

-Lotz

As a side note it appears the majority US sellers still have major extensions with their delivery times/expectations to Canada. Do extended delivery windows affect buyers expectations or final decision to purchase? Maybe?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have used both 3 and 5 day handling times throughout the past year; any listings from now through January will carry a 4-day handling time to accommodate the delivery times. I have not had any issues with the delivery times thus far during 2020, but I also send along a message to the buyer at shipping time, reminding them of possible transit/delivery slowdowns/delays...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@valuestore wrote:

Has something has changed? before ebay had adjusted delivery times for covid19, 10-15 up to 23 days now its switched to an impossible 5 day delivery estimates. Its 10 days cross country on a good day, ebay is estimating 5 days.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm reading this as comparing five business days to ten calendar days.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Were finding there are still backlogs in some of the Ontario and Quebec sorting facilities, high volumes are still effecting delivery times to certain areas.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply