A sad yet happy situation, a sign of what we’re coming to expect.

Today I got a message from a buyer regarding something I sold them a while ago.

Immediately my mind goes, “arghhhh another problem, a great way to start off the weekend”…..

Yet when I opened the message, it was a very nice message from a buyer letting me know how happy they were with their purchase.

In fact I’ve gotten a few of these positive messages lately, yet I still cringe every time I see a message from a  buyer.

It’s a sad statement regarding with all the defects and persistent issues, what we have come to automatically expect….

I’ll try to keep my happy face on as long as I can from this latest positive note, and I hope you have a great  weekend!!!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I know the feeling, congrats on the happy note... maybe it can be start of a new trend 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I agree, I cringe when I see a message coming up from a buyer. Have had 3 buyers making claims by mistake, and so 3 defects I didn't deserve. Nothing a seller can do about something like this. I feel like we are being held over a barrel.

I have decided that all I can do is my very best to give good accurate service, and just accept whatever comes. There is enough stress in life, I don't need any more.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The other thing -- just the opposite experience -- is that I've noticed a great deal more messaging from eBay over the last few months that is disappointing every time.  

It used to be that almost any time I saw my "Message" tab light up , it would be an offer (yahooo!!) on one of my "Best Offer" items (which I list quite frequently).  Now, there are no offers, but lots of eBay messages -- surveys, notices, reminders of what they did to protect my seller status, etc. etc.  

I get excited to see that Message tab light up, only to be left down-in-the-mouth afterward.  Thanks eBay for getting my hopes up.  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Rose! I have been quite confused by what they say they've done to protect my seller status versus what it looks to be! To be useful, it would be better for them to list the things they say they've changed instead of just a raw total number which one (or I at least) can't reconcile....
Message 5 of 5
latest reply